Clarity Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Modify alerts message

• 1.  Modify alerts message

Posted 03-09-2016 05:11 PM

Hi community,

I'm using CA SDM 14.1.02 and I have a question: ¿How I can modify the alert message that comes out, when a role that not has permissions, try to close all children?.

What happens is that the level 2 analyst role, has not permissions for to close all children in a incident. And at moment of the to close all children,  The following message is displayed:

The message that is displayed in picture 2 is in english, and which appears when is click in the button "Aceptar", I need modify this message to spanish.

Thank you very much.

• 2.  Re: Modify alerts message

Posted 03-09-2016 05:20 PM

Hi,

Check %SDMROOT%\bin\pdm.xml file.

• 3.  Re: Modify alerts message

Posted 03-11-2016 10:54 AM

Jhon,

Are you using a Spanish language install of Service Desk, or is your copy a heavily customized English language install?

The concern that I have is that if you were to modify the pdm.xml file directory (which contains the message) it's very likely the file will be overwritten if you were to apply a cumulative fix to your system in the future. I checked in the version of pdm.xml provided in the Spanish patch and see:

<msg id="03121" ><text product_id="default">Falta el atributo %1 dependiente del objeto %2.  Cancele y rellene el campo %1.</text><action>Supply a value for the specified attribute.</action><reason> &quot;You have attempted to create or update a record of type object-name, but are missing a required dependent attribute. The object-name and attr-name in the message are not necessarily the same as the labels on the form. If necessary, consult the Reference Guide for a description of all objects and attributes.&quot;</reason></msg>

Are you seeing this, or does it appear as English for you?