CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Automatic Priority Tickets

Posted Feb 22, 2016 01:06 PM

Hello guys.

During my last visit to Wiki CA, came to my mind a question as to the Service Catalog / Service desk.

I have some way to determine when opening a ticket, an automatic priority especially for him? And if so, how?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Automatic Priority Tickets

Posted Feb 22, 2016 03:10 PM

Hi Ana, I am not sure exactly what you are asking here.  Are you asking how to have all tickets open with a specific priority for a specific person?  When you mention "him" - are you talking about an affected end user or an analyst?

Let us know, and provide us with some additional details and an example of what you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Automatic Priority Tickets

Posted Feb 22, 2016 03:26 PM

Hello Jon, thank you for the answer.

In this case, I was talking about a category or specific group. The idea would be when a user opens a ticket, the SM already determine the priority based on the category of your problem, for example. Without the need for an analyst to "leave" a priority for the case.

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Automatic Priority Tickets
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 23, 2016 06:34 AM

May you want to do using category, you can setup the urgency at the category(area) level

Base on the appropriate priority calculation matrix (impact/urgency and default value ) and the overidde Urgency set to yes that will determine the priority of your ticket for this category

More complex like a combination of both category and group will require a little customization.

Hope this help.

/J

• 5.  Re: Automatic Priority Tickets

Posted Feb 26, 2016 02:09 PM

Hi jmayer, thanks for the anwser.

I just wish in a way that, when opening a ticket, based on a symptom or an incident category, priority be placed automatically. But I imagine that this work could only be done through customization, right?

Regards.

• 6.  Re: Automatic Priority Tickets

Posted Dec 17, 2017 11:37 PM

Hello Airu,

Have you achieved the required customization, I also have the same requirement kindly let me know if you have done this. 

• 7.  Re: Automatic Priority Tickets

Posted Dec 18, 2017 12:00 AM

Hello Jerome jmayer

My current task is similar to this ,kindly let me know how I can proceed on this.

currently we have priorities (p1-1hr,p2-12hr,p3-24hr) which is selected based on the Impact and Urgency.priority is read only.

Now we have to add priorities (c1-1hr,c2-6hr,c3-12hr) for New Categories, which will be also based on Impact and Urgency.

Based on New categories, how to define New priorities(c1,c2,c3) and select priority based on Impact and Urgency

Regards.

Sandeep kr.