CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Alias Values

Posted Jul 20, 2016 07:39 PM

I have been searching for a while and cannot find the syntax for creating a alias attribute. I have created the object in WSP and published the results. The attribute is z_Solution and it will be a separate field and required eventually for ticket resolution. I have put "z_Solution.name" for the alias value and other values and keep getting "Alias Attribute Not Valid" Unknown Message". I have read what I could find on here but I want to be able to do this and keep the z_Solution in the name. Any assistance would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Alias Values

Posted Jul 20, 2016 07:41 PM

My apologies, I need to add it to the CR and IN objects.

• 3.  Re: Alias Values

Posted Jul 23, 2016 05:43 AM

Hi,

Would like to understand first the purpose of this new custom field for which you are trying to create Alias.

Are you looking to create a alias so that you can add it in CA Business Intelligence for reporting?

Any other reason?

Also, please let me know the following

1. Name of the custom column that you have created and on which table (call_req?)

2. Do you want to use for request and incident both or just incidents?

Regards,

Hemant G

• 4.  Re: Alias Values

Posted Jul 26, 2016 07:48 AM

Thanks. The custom field was put in call_req for requests and incidents. The purpose is a mandatory field to be used in all tickets and also reported on; so that we can find search solutions separately.

• 5.  Re: Alias Values

Posted Jul 26, 2016 03:08 PM

I don't think you can use "z_Solution.name" for an alias as the "." indicates a reference to another table via SREL. Try using "SolutionName" as the alias.

• 6.  Re: Alias Values

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2016 03:25 PM

Continue on Lindsay's comment:

in in/cr, either using wsp or manually modify, I think you should use z_Solution assuming the common name is

"name"; in BOXI reports, you should use SolutionName alias.

• 7.  Re: Alias Values

Posted Jul 26, 2016 03:29 PM

I tried it and got "The Alias Value is not valid for this Object.: AHD03066:Unknown name". It was published in WSP under the column name z_Solution.

• 8.  Re: Alias Values

Posted Jul 26, 2016 03:33 PM

It is STRING 4000 and no SREL attributes.

• 9.  Re: Alias Values
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2016 03:36 PM

If it is string then I don't think you need alias...simply use z_Solution everywhere.

• 10.  Re: Alias Values

Posted Jul 26, 2016 03:59 PM

You are absolutely correct Chi Chen. The only time you need to define an alias is when you have a SREL.

Jessie,

For just a text attribute you should be able to reference it by its name - z_Solution without creating an alias.

• 11.  Re: Alias Values

Posted Jul 26, 2016 03:51 PM

Hi Jessie,

Just to be sure, please run the following command on the server:

bop_sinfo -d cr > cr.txt

Then look at cr.txt to make sure that the z_Solution attribute is listed. Please note that attribute names are case-sensitive (so that z_solution is not the same as z_Solution).