CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CAisd setup in iis

Posted Dec 18, 2016 05:13 PM

On our primary production server I can see under the CAisd folder in iis that we have App_Data (Virtual Directory) present and registered.  However I've noticed on our DR setup that the folder is missing.  Can someone fill me in on what having this folder present in iis does and confirm that i need to ensure it's present on the DR box as well.

• 2.  Re: CAisd setup in iis

Posted Dec 19, 2016 06:38 AM

Hi Simon,   Can you show us what is included in that app_data dorectory?   

• 3.  Re: CAisd setup in iis

Posted Dec 19, 2016 05:06 PM

When I right mouse click on the folder in iis and select explore it takes me to C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Service Desk Manager\bopcfg\www\wwwroot\App_Data and the folder contains nothing.  Maybe it's just a red herring for me with someone in the past playing around.  If it's not OOB setup, then I shouldn't worry really.

• 4.  Re: CAisd setup in iis
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2016 05:10 PM

Simon,

You should be OK, that's not a standard folder.

• 5.  Re: CAisd setup in iis

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2016 11:47 AM

Simon,

I don't have the app_data folder present in my environment, are you certain that this wasn't created for some other purpose?

• 6.  Re: CAisd setup in iis

Posted Dec 19, 2016 05:05 PM

Don't know what it was created for.  As far as I am aware it's always been there.  I've checked the UAT environment and it is there as well.  I've also checked another seperate 12.6 environment and it isn't present there.