CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Attachments

Posted Feb 18, 2016 06:28 PM

Hello Community,

There's like a KD about the files extensions that are supported in Service Desk attachemnts? Also, there's like a good practice of setting some limit size for the files in SDM or that'll depend on the customer itself.

I was searching in support and in the wiki and didn't find anything about it.

Regards.

• 2.  Re: Attachments

Posted Feb 18, 2016 06:49 PM

Hi Jason,

You can allow and disallow specific file extensions from the repository settings.  Navigate to Administration - Attachments Library - Right click edit the repository you want to change.

I have the upload limit set to 10MB at our organization and haven't had complaints. One of the best practices I saw at one point was to keep the size restriction in line with the email attachments size limit.

Edited..

• 3.  Re: Attachments

Posted Feb 23, 2016 08:16 AM

Agree with Bruno that 10mb is a reasonable size. SDM is not there to save your users holiday video but you have to adapt for your organization specific.

I will also suggest that you are limiting the extension allowed there depending on your repository type.

i.e. only allow picture extension in the images repository like:  !gif,jpeg,jpg,png,bmp   or any other you like.

Best security practice is to deny all and only allow what is necessary but you will have to compromise this with your UX.

You for sure want to disallow any executable files like .exe.vbs and others

Just my 2 cents,

/J