CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Edit Completed Risk Survey

Posted Sep 19, 2016 04:36 PM

Is there anyway I can make the change risk survey able to edit after it is completed and computes the risk? I asked awhile back about making that available for the Change Manager only but wanted to ask if this was achievable regardless of role and/or access type. If not, what kind of customization would be required to meet this requirement?

• 2.  Re: Edit Completed Risk Survey

Posted Sep 20, 2016 02:22 AM

Hi,

if it is only for one time only then cyou can do from the database by running simple query to update the chg table.

regards

farooq

• 3.  Re: Edit Completed Risk Survey
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2016 03:26 AM

Hi Jessie,

The current OOTB behavior is that once the Change Risk Survey has been submitted, you cannot change it. One workaround I've seen is to update the Change Order record and remove the category and add it back again.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: Edit Completed Risk Survey

Posted Sep 22, 2016 10:24 AM

Thank you! that worked perfectly. I had to adjust some transition statuses and the Change Manager is happy to have this workaround for the few times the survey needs corrected. Thanks again!

• 5.  Re: Edit Completed Risk Survey

Posted Oct 13, 2016 02:50 PM

What was the work around?

• 6.  Re: Edit Completed Risk Survey

Posted Jun 20, 2017 04:23 AM

The only problem with doing this is it affects the workflow (classic workflow in my case). Is there no way the change manager can delete a survey to allow a new one to be submitted without altering the database?

• 7.  Re: Edit Completed Risk Survey

Posted Jun 21, 2017 04:23 AM

Hi Grahame,

Unfortunately not. This is a limitation of some sort on the product.

I would suggest you log an Idea for this feature to be revised or improved in future releases as this requires for the design to be altered.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 8.  Re: Edit Completed Risk Survey

Posted Sep 21, 2016 05:17 PM

Hi jlhawley - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 9.  Re: Edit Completed Risk Survey

Posted Sep 23, 2016 01:37 PM

We also having the similar requirement to allow editing of Change survey after submit, can you please elaborate how you achieved using change status transition. 

Thanks in advance.