CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How To modify Team Weather Criteria

Posted Aug 29, 2016 11:40 AM

How to modify the Team Weather Criteria condition? for Untriaged Tickets. current condition only looks for assignee is Null.

I need to change this to also ignore closed tickets.

• 2.  Re: How To modify Team Weather Criteria

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 12:57 PM

Hi Jack,

There's a nice youtube video link as well as some additional documentation on how to create a new weather configuration name here:  https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/configuring-ca-service-desk-manager/configure-the-xflow-analyst-interface/weather#Weather-ConfigureWeather

Hope this helps

_R

• 3.  Re: How To modify Team Weather Criteria

Posted Aug 29, 2016 01:34 PM

This does not answer the question. We do not want to have closed tickets influencing the Untriaged tickets. Wed only care about the open (active) tickets. The current filter only looks at the assigned = Null it should also look at the active = true. Where does the system store this query?

• 4.  Re: How To modify Team Weather Criteria

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 01:50 PM

Hey Jack,

Looking at the configuration criteria there, I'm not seeing any active=1 or active=0  filters against the records themselves.  Based on what you just mentioned, it almost seems like we are ignoring active=1. 

I'll do some tests on this and get back to you.

_R

• 5.  Re: How To modify Team Weather Criteria

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 03:34 PM

I have tested this by:

1. making sure that I had 2 tickets with High Heat, which came into calculation of weather.
    2. closed out one of the cases
    3. killed the weather daemon thereafter, to force heat+weather calculation to be done immediately (note: heat reindexing happens once every 6 hours, default. https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/configuring-ca-service-desk-manager/configure-the-xflow-analyst-interface/heat#Heat-HeatReindexing)
    4. I now only see 1 ticket in my weather

So, my best guess at this time is, the heat on your closed ticket did not get recalculated yet and/or weather recalculation did not happen yet (default: once every 60 minutes)

If your use case is not matching any of the above and are still facing the issue, I'd suggest opening a support case on this one.

_R

• 6.  Re: How To modify Team Weather Criteria

Posted Aug 29, 2016 04:30 PM

Heat is not the problem the problem is Untriaged tickets.do this test.

1) go to your closed ticket and remove the Assignee make sure it is assigned to a group that you belong to. Then kill the Weather daemon to force the recalculation.

2) check the weather and you will now see in the current forecast  (group name) has 1 untriaged and 0 high heat with a number beside it probably 4

if the ticket is closed it should not show up as being untriaged.

• 7.  Re: How To modify Team Weather Criteria

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 08:52 PM

You were right on the money there.

Looks like this was an oversight.  I'd recommend raising a support case for this to be taken care of.

Default Weather config -> Team (weather criteria) -> Team - Untriaged Tickets ->  Condition:   assignee is NULL             It should have been:   assignee is NULL AND active > 0

One workaround until you get a formal solution from our Dev would be to take an extract of wx_factor_condition  table  (pdm_extract).  Make a backup of that file.

Modify the condition for assignee is NULL AND active >0                  where code=team_untriaged

Load that updated file using pdm_load -u -f <modified.dat>

Pdm_cache_refresh -t wx_factor_condition

Kill the weather daemon again and now you should see correct untriaged tickets.

_R