CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Configuration for "Microsoft Windows SMTP Service"

Posted Oct 21, 2015 07:58 AM

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone have the parameters to configure CA SDM 14.1 to send authenticated e-mails via "Microsoft Windows SMTP Service"?

The conf I tried was this:

2015-10-21 08_46_53-CA Service Desk Manager - Lista de opções-EMAIL.png

It didn't work and the logs below says someting about not being able to authenticate.

2015-10-21 08_52_28-srv-ca-bgn-tst - srv-ca-bgn-tst - Conexão de Área de Trabalho Remota.png

Log transcript:

10/21 09:48:02.81 srv-ca-bgn-tst pdm_mail_nxd         8468 ERROR        hunny_mail_intf.c     2050 ThrdLogger Sess:1:0 Can't login to the server Error (504) 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type 

10/21 09:48:02.81 srv-ca-bgn-tst pdm_mail_nxd         8468 ERROR        hunny_mail_intf.c     2050 ThrdLogger Sess:1:0 Unable to connect to mail servers (srv-ca-stb-tst). Last message: Can't login to the server Error (504) 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type 

10/21 09:48:02.81 srv-ca-bgn-tst pdm_mail_nxd         8468 SIGNIFICANT  hunny_mail_intf.c     1284 Send Mail retry scheduled

PS: I tested ping, telnet to port 25, firewalls open, so conectivity is OK.

Best,

Ellery

• 2.  Re: Configuration for "Microsoft Windows SMTP Service"

Posted Oct 21, 2015 08:31 AM

Hi Ellery,

Few things here - first, what type of authentication is the Windows SMTP server using?  You should be able to see this from within IIS - I believe thats where the Windows SMTP service will be configurable.  Take a look at the authentication configurations, and see if it matches the authentication level set in options manager - the options in options manager are as follows:

0=no security

1=basic authentication (username/password - no secure encryption)

2=NTLM

3=MD5

4=LOGIN

If SMTP Service authentication is set to "Windows Authentication", You may be able to disable windows auth, and enable anonymous auth, then set the security level to "0" in options manager in SDM.  Outside of that, you may just have to try each of the options and then recycle the pdm_mail_nxd process after changing the option in options manager - which you can do via a command "pdm_bounce pdm_mail_nxd" - and then look in the log again to see if those queued emails went out or if you get an error.

I also found an article that had some responses that may help as well:  security - Cannot authenticate to SMTP server with windows authentication - Stack Overflow

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Configuration for "Microsoft Windows SMTP Service"

Posted Nov 17, 2015 01:51 PM

Hi Ellery,

After apply Jon_Israel solution -(thank you for answering)

It's a easy way - try to connect using the SupportArmyKnife1.3.jar by Shawn_Walsh -

Regards