CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Restricting almost all fields in a CI detail form

Posted Jul 22, 2015 05:40 PM

Hello!

Setting a field as read-only in a web form is a fairly easy task made on WSP. But when we need to restrict almost all fields in a CI detail form (including fields from all classes' tabs), what is the best way to do this?

What we need to do is to allow changes of only three fields of CI form to a specific role of SDM. All the others fields must be restricted. The only way I see to achieve this is to set each field as read-only in CI web form and in each class tab, but I think this is not the best solution. I would like to know if there is a more 'elegant' way to do this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Diogo

• 2.  Re: Restricting almost all fields in a CI detail form

Posted Jul 23, 2015 03:52 AM

Instead of using the same form for all users, you can use Form Groups. This will allow you to show the same form differently for different users. So you can remove all the other fields on the form and only display those that you want the user to edit for one from group, while you allow a different set of users to view\edit all the fields via a different form group.

Hope this helps...

• 3.  Re: Restricting almost all fields in a CI detail form

Posted Jul 23, 2015 11:08 AM

Yeah, this is a way to organize different web forms for different users. But unfortunately it won't help on my issue.

My problem is the number of web forms I'll have to modify to restrict ALL fields of Configuration Item form. At first, I should modify cmdb_detail.htmpl for common fields. But then, I'll have to modify the htmpl of each tab, and for each family, modify its attribute tab.

For example: nr_cmdb_har_serx_tab.htmpl for Hardware.Server family classes, nr_cmdb_net_roux_tab.htmpl for Network.Router family classes, nr_cmdb_tel_cirx_tab.htmpl for Telecom.Circuit family classes, and so on...

• 4.  Re: Restricting almost all fields in a CI detail form

Posted Jul 23, 2015 11:12 AM

Which fields do you want to set?

• 5.  Re: Restricting almost all fields in a CI detail form

Posted Jul 23, 2015 11:26 AM

I want to set ALL fields as read-only (except three, which will continue "modifiable").

• 6.  Re: Restricting almost all fields in a CI detail form

Posted Jul 24, 2015 06:07 AM

I do not see any other way other that form groups or a lot of <PDM_IF> statements on each of the forms...lots of work via WSP

Otherwise you may consider creating your own customer form...