CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Looking for content into a KB attached file.

Posted Feb 29, 2016 01:39 PM

Hi everyone!

Is there a way to find a kb document when I'm searching for a content into the attached file? I would like to search words that are into the file attached.

If not, how can I get the right document? Metadata?

I have the SDM Version 12.7.

Regards,

Nelson

• 2.  Re: Looking for content into a KB attached file.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 29, 2016 02:26 PM

I think SDM searches the KT docs based on title/summary/

problem/resolution fields of the KT docs only. That is, your

key words/metadata have to be in one of those 4 fields. Currently SDM does not have the ability to search based on some words in the attached files. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Looking for content into a KB attached file.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 29, 2016 02:34 PM

Hi,

this is unfortunately no possible in 12.7 up to my knowledge

The best workaround will be to reproduce the important keyword of the content of your attachment into the title/problem/solution of your KB docs or been off from the attachments and right all in your KB (where you can bee limited in size and require good discipline from KB teams.

With newer version you can supposedly use sharepoint to store larger document and use the new search engine but never have set this  up yet as my previous experience with the FAST engine  of previous version was a disaster.

That say for me the Kb is primarily there to support your incident management for fast resolution and I will encourage people to use it for that purpose vs. replacing a document repository as I don't want to read 500 pages prior to eventually get to my solution.

Just my opinion others people may have other opinions

/J