CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  XTraction Requests in CA Service Desk Manager (VIP/SLA Violation and SLA Time)

Posted Oct 06, 2016 09:50 AM

Hello Everyone

We are  facing a situation in a customer that  Asked for 3 "challenges" in Xtraction:

1 - The SLA Violation Pie doesn't show in percentage, and when i turn it to percentage, it shows me 100% for each piece of the pie.

2 - Customer wants tickets with VIP End Users, any experience on that?

3 - Customer wants to see the tickets that are 25% 50% and 75% of SLA Expiration... is that possible?

Thanks in advance and my best regards

Michel Nocentini

• 2.  Re: XTraction Requests in CA Service Desk Manager (VIP/SLA Violation and SLA Time)

Posted Oct 07, 2016 12:58 PM

Hi Michel,

Is response to 2, you can link a Special Handling to a Service Desk contact to mark it as a VIP under the Remarks and Special Handling tab in the contact detail form.  Then if you wanted to find VIP incidents in Service Desk, you can search  by adding this in the search argument: (customer.cnthandling_list.special_handling.sym ='VIP').  It retrieves all of the incidents that are raised by the affected end users who have a VIP contact_handling/special_handling record.  It is possible that something similar could be placed into XTraction.

Unfortunately I do not have any recommendations on the other two points, but perhaps someone else will!

Regards,

Marty 

• 3.  Re: XTraction Requests in CA Service Desk Manager (VIP/SLA Violation and SLA Time)

Posted Oct 07, 2016 01:41 PM

Hi Michael,

1. Can you share how the SLA pie is configured?  Testing it in my env I'm able to show percentage of SLA violation on each piece of the pie.

2. This would take some effort...  At a high level you would need to add two tables to a data source in Xtraction, add a filter to show only the VIP special handling, and join them together.  There may be more to it than this.

• Create a Table for AFFECTED_END_USER_VIP (ca_contact)
    • Create a table for VIP (usp_contact_handling)
    • Add a filter to VIP (special handling = 1001)
    • Join them together (ca_contact.contact_uuid -> usp_contact_handling.contact)

3. SLA violation and warning are integer fields on CR.  My suggestion is to add additional integer fields, one for each percentage they want to track.  Then create events to set the fields once each duration has passed.  You can then add these fields to Xtraction.