CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Can grloader be used to attach CIs to a Change Order?

Posted Apr 03, 2015 09:58 AM

Is it possible to use grloader to attach a bulk list of CIs to a change order?  We have a business need where monthly more than 900 CIs need to be associated to a Change Order, but having the technicians do this through the CA SDM user interface is unrealistic.  We want to be able to leverage the existing speadsheets that are created a just import the CIs to the change order for proper association.

We have also explored the idea of using a phantom CI with 900+ CIs relationships for the same purpose, but that would exclude the actual CIs from being directly associated to the Change Order.  Thoughts?

• 2.  Re: Can grloader be used to attach CIs to a Change Order?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2015 12:28 PM

I'm sorry to say that I can't think of any way this could be done with GRLoader. Grloader can be used to update either CI or relationship objects. The Configuration Item is tied to a Change Order through an  SREL table, so the field isn't on the Configuration Item object itself to update it from there.

• 3.  Re: Can grloader be used to attach CIs to a Change Order?

Posted Apr 04, 2015 01:47 AM

I think that there is one technical opportunity to did that but I didn't recommend to realize it.

As I remember grloader processes custom attributes, so you can add some custom attribute, call it "z_chg" for example where will be stored your COs id.

Then create SPEL macro that will create LREL relation between updated CI and CO from z_chg attribute.

• 4.  Re: Can grloader be used to attach CIs to a Change Order?

Posted Apr 06, 2015 05:22 PM

As previously mentioned there are many relationships across various tables and that many CIs on a single Change Order could impact performance. Regardless, one way to "bulk-add" the CIs would be to use Web Services and the createLrelRelationship method to add the Change Order in question as a Related Change to each CI.