CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  SDM -> Catalog integration - Ticket cancellation & usp_itsm_msg_queue

Posted May 12, 2016 02:24 PM

Hi Everyone,

We have a business requirement that when a call that is integrated between Catalog and SDM is cancelled on SDM that the call also be cancelled in Catalog.

Out of the box the ITSM.SPL/MOD files only sync the Closed status from SDM to Catalog.

We have successfully customized this to also include Resolved tickets from SDM to then complete te corresponding Catalog Request. Below is an example of the spel code that saves an entry to the usp_itsm_msg_queue table to tell catalog to complete a particular Catalog Request:

SPEL: full_msg = (string)cat_req_id + "@@@@@" + (string)userid;

Example: 10235@@@@@ANDRIES

I had a look around but i can't seem to find anything that indicates what message i must save in the usp_itsm_msg_queue activeMQ table that will tell Catalog to Cancel a corresponding Catalog request from my custom ITSM Spel code.

Has anyone tried this before?

Regards,

Andries

CASM suite 14.1.02

• 2.  Re: SDM -> Catalog integration - Ticket cancellation & usp_itsm_msg_queue
    Best Answer

Posted May 20, 2016 07:55 AM

We may have a possible solution for this, will advise once we have finished developing and testing

• 3.  Re: SDM -> Catalog integration - Ticket cancellation & usp_itsm_msg_queue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2016 11:55 AM

Please share it with us if it works out.

• 4.  Re: SDM -> Catalog integration - Ticket cancellation & usp_itsm_msg_queue

Posted Mar 27, 2017 04:00 PM

Please share it with us your findings.

Regards,

JOHN

• 5.  Re: SDM -> Catalog integration - Ticket cancellation & usp_itsm_msg_queue

Posted Mar 28, 2017 03:54 AM

Hi all,

What I eventually did to achieve this is I created Activity/Event combitnation that fires when a RIP ticket is cancelled which then calls a PAM workflow to cancel the corresponding Catalog ticket.

It takes a bit longer to run than the spel code/activemq integration but it does the job

Hope this helps

Andries