CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Limit Priority to 4 Options Using Data Partition

Posted Sep 21, 2015 12:06 PM

We are limiting our Impact, Urgency, and Priority to 4 options (instead of the OOB 5 options) for our implementation.  When creating a Data Partition Constraint, this is easy to do for Impact and Urgency because those are available tables that I can put a View Constraint on and add "enum in (1,2,3,4)" to limit this.  This is best for us because it also limits the option in the CA Service Management Mobile app.  However, the Priority doesn't have a table option.  I've attempted this by doing a View Constraint on the Call_Req table and doing "priority.enum in (1,2,3,4)", but this doesn't seem to work. It accepts it as a valid SQL query, but it doesn't seem to work when I open a request. It's not a big deal for Incident because that field is read only, but on request the customer can select from the dropdown and choose 5 or None and we don't want that option available.

• 2.  Re: Limit Priority to 4 Options Using Data Partition
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 22, 2015 12:13 AM

Hi,

You can add priority to controled table list, All you need to do is create file e.g. priority.load and place there the following lines:

TABLE Controlled_Table

del desc obj_name sym

{ "0" ,"Priority Table" ,"pri" ,"Priority" }

Perform the pdm_load:

pdm_load -m -i -f priority.load

recycle SDM services.