CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  IIS Error

Posted Jan 22, 2016 08:27 AM

Hello Community,

I've a Service Desk install and i need to use it through Tomcat and IIS. When i log in using tomcat it works fine but when i go through IIS it shows up an error.

The user has full permission in the entire disk, including the path where the config file is located.

Regards.

• 2.  Re: IIS Error

Posted Jan 22, 2016 09:06 AM

HI Jason,  there are a few technical documents out there that may help you with this one.  Please take a look at the following:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec570838.aspx

Additionally, please check to see if you have 8dot3 filenaming enabled on the drive where SDM is installed.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: IIS Error

Posted Jan 27, 2016 08:59 AM

Hello Jon,

I don't know if you know the answer for it but.. in the KD there's a option that said "overrideModeDefault"  that it has to be set for Allow but in the file there're A LOT of "overrideModeDefault" options.

All the options has to change?

Best Regards.

• 4.  Re: IIS Error

Posted Jan 27, 2016 09:08 AM

Hi Jason,  I am not sure on the answer to that one as the document was written by the APM team, and was not originally for Service Desk.  I would say that you could try "googling" the problem to see if you can find something similar which may have more specific steps.  If not, I would change all the options and see if that works.

Hope this helps.

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: IIS Error
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 29, 2016 03:45 PM

I open a case with CA about this and we solved it. Here're he things we do:

1. Give "read&execute" and "read" permissions on all folders and files on the service desk installation path to the IIS_IUSRS.

2. Go to IIS Manager > server > sites > Default Web Site > caisd

3. Go to Authentication on the right side.

4. Disable Anonymous Authentication and Enable Windows Authentication.

5. Restart IIS.

6. Go to Application Pools (On the left pane, below the server name).

7. On the left look for DefaultAppPool, right click on it and select Advanced Settings.

8. Look "Generate Process Model Event Log Entry".

9. Select "Identity".

10. Click the  '...' button.

11. On the dropdown select "LocalSystem" then press Ok, ok again.

12. Restart the IIS.