CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG

• 1.  PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG

Posted May 28, 2015 11:44 AM

Hi,

i'm working on SC 14.1 - PAM 4.2(SP02) integration and i need to load the content for SC and i can't find it, where do i get it and how to i load it?

thanks

• 2.  Re: PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG

Posted May 29, 2015 09:31 AM

I can help you with SC and PAM easily, but ask a clear question about what you are trying to achieve.

You want to see every Pam SRF from Catalogue?

Have you ever used catalogue and pam?

• 3.  Re: PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG

Posted May 29, 2015 02:52 PM

Hi PPssq,

I started recently working with SC and PAM and I need to finish the integration between both applications to create a ticket in SD and when I attach a file in the SC request I need it to be attach in SD ticket. I have seen that I need to have some SC catalog in PAM to be able to do it, is it right?

• 4.  Re: PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG

Posted Jun 02, 2015 01:49 PM

I can explain you how we do it here.

If you want every Catalog ticket to have the same behavior it's quite simple. You will trigger your PAM workflow with a rule. You will pass your requestID as a parameters to your SRF.

In your PAM workflow, you will use WebService, or SQL Queries to get your informations from Catalog. After that, you'll use webService to create a ticket in ServiceDesk.

But if you're not familiar with webService call, i will upload my process and let you analyze it. Explaining ste-by-step how to create a process to create a SDM ticket from a SLCM ticket is almost impossible.

• 5.  Re: PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG

Posted Jun 02, 2015 02:01 PM

If you can upload the process, it will be great. I thought it will be easier to create a new ticket in SDM from Catalog!

Side note: so far I was able to load the SC content to PAM and configure it but no able to Test the connection...I guess there is a problem in the CheckSLCMConnectivity that I can't solve, the parameters I have configured are right.

thanks POssq

• 6.  Re: PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 02, 2015 03:01 PM

i had a look at it and uploading my process will be impossible. I use a lot of custom operators and i don't want to upload 35 xml files

But here's what it should look like : (Those are SLCM (cat) and Service Desk (sdm) webService methods)

cat : "logIn"

cat : "getRequestItemRow"

cat : "getRequestHeader"

cat : "getRateItemDefinition"

You'll have to loop in your requestItem to get form element values.

Store those values in JavaScript variables.

And now create your ticket in SDM.

sdm :  "login"

sdm : "doSelect" to get pcat handle. (category persistend_id)

sdm : "getHandleForUserid" (requested for user persistent_id)

sdm : "getHandleForUserid" (requested by user persistent_id)

sdm : "createRequest" (With type R if you want to create a Request)

With SDM webService when you want to create a ticket, you have to pass value in a key-value string array :

This is a VB.net example.

attrVals(0) = "description"

attrVals(1) = newCR.desc

attrVals(2) = "customer"

attrVals(3) = newCR.userHandle

attrVals(4) = "requested_by"

attrVals(5) = newCR.userHandle

attrVals(6) = "type"

attrVals(7) = "I"

attrVals(8) = "category"

attrVals(9) = pcatVal

cat : "addTicketToRequestItem"

You can read SDM and SLCM documentation for webService method parameters.

You will have to parse XML value, wich are returned by SLCM webService method. If you want to avoid this you can go with SQL Queries.

In case you want to use SQL Queries, here's the one to get form element value from catalog :

select urif.form_elem_value  from mdb.dbo.usm_subscription_detail USD

inner join mdb.dbo.usm_request_item_form URIF

on URIF.subscription_detail_id=USD.id

where form_elem_name = 'yourControlName' AND USD.request_id=yourRequestID

And it looks like this is your first step in Pam Integration. I wish you good luck, and be strong, it'll be a long way to master everything.

• 7.  Re: PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG

Posted Feb 22, 2016 04:14 PM

Hi POssq! can you upload the sample process so i can ckeck it out please? thanks!

• 8.  Re: PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG

Posted Feb 22, 2016 04:20 PM

No, i can't. I'm sorry.

• 9.  Re: PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG

Posted Feb 22, 2016 04:21 PM

But you can do as Jason said and try with the OOTB process.

• 10.  Re: PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG

Posted Feb 24, 2016 11:15 AM

Ok POssq, thanks. I got the OOTB process to work but now i need some customization cuz it does not cover all i needs. I'll open another discusson for further questions.

Thanks a lot!

• 11.  Re: PROCESS AUTOMATION CONTENT FOR SERVICE CATALOG

Posted Jun 08, 2015 05:52 PM

Hi,

You can load the OOTB Catalog content into PAM via Administration > Configuration > CA Process Automation > Load.

Thanks,
    Jason