CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Activity notification are being sent even with internal flag marked. Is this what supposed to happen?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 08:31 AM

The analysts are marking the internal flag on the update status of the tickets, and even so the ST notification is being sent. Is this correct? How to avoid that?

• 2.  Re: Activity notification are being sent even with internal flag marked. Is this what supposed to happen?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 11:30 AM

Hi,

That's the correct behavior.  When the Analyst checks the Internal flag the activity log will not be visible from the Employee role, however the notification would still be triggered.  You can define conditions for when you want the update status email sent by adding a site defined macro onto the Update Status Notification rule.

• 3.  Re: Activity notification are being sent even with internal flag marked. Is this what supposed to happen?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 11:38 AM

Hi,

Yes, that’s what I thought but there is no field for the internal flag in the site defined condition, just cr fields.

De: gbruneau

Enviada em: quarta-feira, 2 de março de 2016 13:32

Para: Juliana Mendo <jmraimundo@stefanini.com>

Assunto: Re:  - Activity notification are being sent even with internal flag marked. Is this what supposed to happen?

CA Communities <https://communities.ca.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Activity notification are being sent even with internal flag marked. Is this what supposed to happen?

reply from Grant Bruneau<https://communities.ca.com/people/gbruneau?et=watches.email.thread> in CA Service Management - View the full discussion<https://communities.ca.com/message/241865235?et=watches.email.thread#comment-241865235>

• 4.  Re: Activity notification are being sent even with internal flag marked. Is this what supposed to happen?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 12:12 PM

So you have the Update Status notification rule set to email the Affected End User but you only want it to send when the Internal flag is unchecked?  I'm not sure how to accomplish this as the RIP site-defined condition fields only give you fields on CR, and not activity log.

Perhaps someone else can chime in with ideas?

• 5.  Re: Activity notification are being sent even with internal flag marked. Is this what supposed to happen?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 02:05 PM

Hi,

If you don't want that update status to be send why to not check the internal flag on the activity notification itself?

May you want to accomplish what Bruneau is suggesting where the notification not to be send depending on the flag of the activity itself, that will require to create a condition macro with spel code to fetch that information from the alg object.

Not difficult todo but as usual not supported by CA.

That all say. This is good practice to inform your affected end user on the progress of his ticket and this is exactly the purpose of the status field.

If you want to use it for any other purpose I will suggest to create a custom field for it.

Hope this help

/J

• 6.  Re: Activity notification are being sent even with internal flag marked. Is this what supposed to happen?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2016 02:44 PM

if you don't want the internal notifications(those you checked

in activity notifications' internal checkbox checked) to be sent

to certain users, make sure those users' access types' "Receive Internal Notification" set to No.

• 7.  Re: Activity notification are being sent even with internal flag marked. Is this what supposed to happen?

Posted Mar 03, 2016 03:29 PM

This is not correct behaviour, since notifications on activities that are marked as internal should not be sent to users that have access type with receive internal notification flag set to no. And this is for ages. As I remember some version, not sure but i think 12.9, had the bug and internal notification where sent to such users. We opened issue and CA provided fix.

• 8.  Re: Activity notification are being sent even with internal flag marked. Is this what supposed to happen?

Posted Mar 03, 2016 09:01 AM

Check if notification reciever`s (Customer, I suppose) role lets him to view internal comments. If yes - he will recieve these e-mails. If not - not.