CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  SLAs status in Service option groups - Service Catalog

Posted Sep 04, 2015 04:00 PM

Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to see the SLA status of the different options in a service in real time? because i don't see in the SC request any flag showing there is a warning or violation neither the SLA associated to that option. Please if there is a way or an alternative way let me know!

2. For what i read if you attach more than one SLA to an option in a service you have to choose a primary one who takes priority over the rest what happens when you have several options in the service option group with several SLAs and whose have at least a primary one? wich one takes priority or how it works?

Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

• 2.  Re: SLAs status in Service option groups - Service Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2015 03:49 AM

Hi,

1. Yes, currently we can't find any flag for SLA in the SC request when SLA is active but we have an alternative way where in we can see the status of SLA in option level.

• Navigate to Administration tab
    • Click on Report builder >> Data Views
    • In this, Click "Request SLA Instances" data view which is in Catalog folder

Here, we can see the status of SLA and other details.

2. As per my understanding, SLA will be active for the service options which is associated with several SLA's.

Thanks,

Seetharam

• 3.  Re: SLAs status in Service option groups - Service Catalog

Posted Sep 28, 2015 08:59 AM

Thanks Seetharam, i think that was the most helpful answer i found, at least it works for me and i can make some changes to those Data views.

Any other comments on number 2? it is no clear to me yet...

Regards!

• 4.  Re: SLAs status in Service option groups - Service Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2015 02:05 AM

Hi Hernanlo,

For the second question:

The status of the primary SLA determines the status of the service option as whole. For instance, suppose we have 3 SLA's are created for a service option, out of which one SLA should be assigned as Primary SLA to determine the service option status as whole. It means that, all SLA's which are defined for service option will be active when create a SC request but to show the status of service option it will take the precedence of primary SLA status.

• 5.  Re: SLAs status in Service option groups - Service Catalog

Posted Sep 29, 2015 09:55 AM

I understand that, but what then when we have in a Service option various options with a couple of SLAs in each one? wich one determines the status of the service option as a whole?

Please check the following image. In the Laptop - standard (option) i have two SLAs and in 17'' Monitor (option) as well, each one has a primary SLA, wich one will take precedence over the other primary?

SLAs in sc soption.PNG

Please let me know if i'm not being clear with my question or what i'm writing.

Regards.

• 6.  Re: SLAs status in Service option groups - Service Catalog
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2015 02:48 AM

Hi Hernanlo,

I segregate above question into two parts.

1. I understand that, but what then when we have in a Service option various options with a couple of SLAs in each one? wich one determines the status of the service option as a whole?

Sol: In this, a SLA which is defined as Primary SLA, will be considered as the status of service option as a whole.

2. In the Laptop - standard (option) i have two SLAs and in 17'' Monitor (option) as well, each one has a primary SLA, which one will take precedence over the other primary?

Sol: Let's assume you have two SLA's in the Laptop - Standard and 17 monitor service options, in those we set only one SLA as Primary and other SLA's will be normal. There is no second level precedence other than primary SLA and all other remaining sla's will have same level.

For example we have 3 SLA's in Laptop- Standard service option as this:

SLA1: Submitted to Pending Approval - violation 5 mins- Non- Primary SLA

SLA 2: Approved to Pending Fulfillment - Violation 5 mins- Non-Primary

SLA 3: Pendingfullment to Completed - Violation- 10 mins - Primary SLA

In the above example, I have created 3 SLA's, out of which SLA1 and SLA2 are Non-Primary SLA's and SLA3 is Primary SLA. In that, When create a request using this service option all SLA's will be active when request status reached to as per SLA's mentioned and no difference like primary SLA will be first active and then other SLA's but only difference is overall service option status will be shown based on primary SLA.

Thanks,

Seetharam

• 7.  Re: SLAs status in Service option groups - Service Catalog

Posted Oct 07, 2015 02:37 PM

I get it now, thanks a lot for you time and effort explaining it to me!!

Regards.

• 8.  Re: SLAs status in Service option groups - Service Catalog

Posted Oct 06, 2015 04:27 PM

Hi Hernan - We're you able to make any progress on this issue? If so and a response here helped please mark Correct Answer as appropriate. Thanks, Chris