CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Appear all the groups that a user belongs

Posted Apr 07, 2016 07:31 AM

Hi,

I want to put a user in the field Assignee on the form detail_in (Editing form) for example.  how could be done to make the put user in the field assigne and appears all groups that user belongs in the field Group

If it works the other way with this sentence <PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup attr=group extraURL="ADDITIONAL_WHERE=alias IS NULL" size=30>

Thanks and best regards.

• 2.  Re: Appear all the groups that a user belongs

Posted Apr 07, 2016 09:12 AM

Hi Eva,  I am not sure I follow you completely. Is it that you want to see only the groups the user belongs to, to choose from, once you put that user in the assignee field?  Or is it that you want to show multiple groups in the group field?  Not sure exactly what you are trying to do here.  Can you clarify for us?

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Appear all the groups that a user belongs

Posted Apr 07, 2016 10:34 AM

Hi Jon,

Is this, Is it that you want to see only the groups the user belongs to, to choose from, once you put that user in the assignee field

Best regards

• 4.  Re: Appear all the groups that a user belongs

Posted Apr 07, 2016 12:16 PM

That should be the default behavior in the current versions of service desk.  When you go to choose a group, it should only show you the groups for which that assignee belongs to.  What version of SDM are you currently running?

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Appear all the groups that a user belongs

Posted Apr 08, 2016 02:21 AM

Hi Jon,

When i choose a group in the form detail_in, for example, with the sentence <PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup attr=group extraURL="ADDITIONAL_WHERE=alias IS NULL" size=30>, it works, show the user belongs of that group but now it's the other way, choose a user and show the groups.

The version is 12.9

Thanks Jon

• 6.  Re: Appear all the groups that a user belongs

Posted Apr 08, 2016 05:38 AM

HI Evaromeron,

Obviously and up to my knowledge CA didn't implement the other way  around  that you would like to archive.(selecting user do  filter group).

You must be able to accomplish that by a combination of the use of pdm_list and your own javascript.

/J