CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Analyst Role

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Analyst Role

Posted 03-30-2016 08:07 AM

Hello,

As you know when you're using analyst level 1 you can create only incidents and requests. And using analyst level 2 you can create problems and change orders. How can i create an analyst role that allows me to create the 4 types of tickets?

Regards.

• 2.  Re: Analyst Role
    Best Answer

Posted 03-30-2016 09:10 AM

Hi Jason,  a few things have to take place for this to work.  First, what you would have to do is update the function access for change_mgr on that role to "modify" - this will give access to change orders.  Next, what you will need to do is create a form group for that role specifically, and in web screen painter, edit the menu items such that the file menu, and search menu have change orders and problems listed - you would have to add those - there is a menu editor under tools in WSP.  You may also want to add those items to the "go resources" on the role as well.

The reason its set up the way it is designed out of the box is due to being standardized based on the ITIL standards - which dictate that you would not have an L1 analyst by definition working on Change Orders or Problems.  That doesnt mean it cannot be done, or is wrong, but rather is just the standard driven by the ITIL federation.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Analyst Role

Posted 03-31-2016 04:51 AM

Here's my 2-cents...

If you look at the OOTB administrator role, you will notice that that role can create all ticket types without necessarily changing to a different role. Perhaps you can make a copy of that role and then modify the menu's and functional access settings accordingly to suit your needs ;-)

Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: Analyst Role

Posted 04-01-2016 07:58 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Brian!

• 5.  Re: Analyst Role

Posted 04-01-2016 07:57 AM

Thanks for the answer Jon!