CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Not showing only assignee that are members of the group in the assignment

Posted Apr 17, 2016 12:08 PM

Hi Everybody,

I'm having a problem when I try to assign a contact to the ticket during the transfer. When transferring a ticket , the field group should be as read-only , however , when we put the field group only as read-only, click on "New assignee " are displayed all system analysts , not just analysts group members. I would like the field " New assignee " had the same behavior when the field "group" is editable.

See more:

1) in the case below ( when the " new group "[Novo Grupo] field is editable ) it is shown only analysts group : OK!! WORKS PERFECTLY!!

2) If the " new group" (field "Novo Grupo" on the screen) is not displayed or is displayed only as " read-only " , the new assignee filed (field "Novo Responsavel" on the screen) shows all system analysts and not just the ticket group.

In case above, all the system analyst are showed. In this case I need to show only the analyst that are member of ticket's group.

As workaround I thought I'd add in the field lookup new assignee ("Novo reponsavel" on the screen), a " extraURL " with a "where clause"  with one filter to display the analysts who are the group (using the ticket's group in the whereclause: $ args.group ) . But I dont know how to elaborate this where clause syntax.

Could someone help with the where_clause or some other way?

Thanks very much

Rafael

• 2.  Re: Not showing only assignee that are members of the group in the assignment

Posted Apr 20, 2016 02:09 PM

HI! Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem??

Thanks very much,

Rafael

• 3.  Re: Not showing only assignee that are members of the group in the assignment
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2016 05:08 PM

Rafael, this comes to my mind:

whereclause="id.[member]group_list.group=U'$args.group'"

I didn't test this out yet but just throw it here for your consideration. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Not showing only assignee that are members of the group in the assignment

Posted Jun 05, 2016 01:34 PM

Hi Folks,

I used a clause where the in assignee  field to display only who is member of the group .

Syntax given by Chi_Chen . Applied and it worked perfectly!!

Follows the line has changed :

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Responsável" attr=assignee evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"" extraURL="ADDITIONAL_WHERE=(id.[member]group_list.group=U'$args.group')" make_required=yes>

Thank you all for your help,

Rafael

• 5.  Re: Not showing only assignee that are members of the group in the assignment

Posted Apr 21, 2016 05:03 AM

Hi Rafael.

Just a guess...: Did you test not to remove the group field completely, but just set it read only ?

Regards

............Michael

• 6.  Re: Not showing only assignee that are members of the group in the assignment

Posted Jun 05, 2016 01:37 PM

Hi @Michael

Yes I tried it , but this causes another problem: when I change the category the group does not change ( to be as read-only) . I used a where -clause and it worked. Thank you for your support!

• 7.  Re: Not showing only assignee that are members of the group in the assignment

Posted Jun 02, 2016 08:30 AM

Hello RMPS,

We also encountered the similar problem in SDM 14.1. Though there is no OOTB feature to control this behavior, I can suggest you couple of workaround . See if those helps...

1. If you try to set the assigne who is not a member of the listed group, instead of trying that in detail_in.htmpl, try with Edit in List functionality. It will not impose any restriction to set a non member assignee. Vice versa as well.

2. If you exclusively want to set assignee who is not a member of the selected group in detail_in.htmpl edit mode, you need to do a small HTMPL customization. Open detail_in.htmpl with WSP and serach for the function : detailAgtCheck(f, base_name, cntID, prop_ref, cb) and just comment it out. Save and Publish the file. Do a pdm_webcache on HTMPL files. Now you would see, selection of non group members as assignee is not clearing out the group selection(and vice versa). It may not work on the initial incident creation process but it will work if you are trying to edit an existing ticket.

& I can bet at the initial there is no reason to set a non group member assignee !

Let me know if it helps!

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 8.  Re: Not showing only assignee that are members of the group in the assignment

Posted Jun 02, 2016 08:29 AM

Hello RMPS,

We also encountered the similar problem in SDM 14.1. Though there is no OOTB feature to control this behavior, I can suggest you couple of workaround . See if those helps...

1. If you try to set the assigne who is not a member of the listed group, instead of trying that in detail_in.htmpl, try with Edit in List functionality. It will not impose any restriction to set a non member assignee. Vice versa as well.

2. If you exclusively want to set assignee who is not a member of the selected group in detail_in.htmpl edit mode, you need to do a small HTMPL customization. Open detail_in.htmpl with WSP and serach for the function : detailAgtCheck(f, base_name, cntID, prop_ref, cb) and just comment it out. Save and Publish the file. Do a pdm_webcache on HTMPL files. Now you would see, selection of non group members as assignee is not clearing out the group selection(and vice versa). It may not work on the initial incident creation process but it will work if you are trying to edit an existing ticket.

& I can bet at the initial there is no reason to set a non group member assignee !

Let me know if it helps!

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 9.  Re: Not showing only assignee that are members of the group in the assignment

Posted Jun 05, 2016 10:33 AM

Thanks for help!

Hi ArunavaS,

Maybe I was not clear in the my explanation of the problem , but I need that when the " Group " is not shown on the screen the " assignee " show only members of the group ticket . When I remove the field "group" in the .htmpl, the assignee field displays all registered analysts ( I did not want this behavior ) , In other words , I need the field " assignee " show ONLY the member's group , independet field " group " are or not on the screen .

Thaks very much!

Regards

Rafael

• 10.  Re: Not showing only assignee that are members of the group in the assignment

Posted Jun 05, 2016 01:33 PM

Hi Folks,

I used a clause where the in assignee  field to display only who is member of the group .

Syntax given by Chi_Chen . Applied and it worked perfectly!!

Follows the line has changed :

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Responsável" attr=assignee evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"" extraURL="ADDITIONAL_WHERE=(id.[member]group_list.group=U'$args.group')" make_required=yes>

Thank you all for your help,

Rafael