CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  service desk 14.1 customer login

Posted Oct 05, 2015 02:07 AM

We have recently installed SDM 14.1. We are planning to give the web login for customers who can create incidents/requests from public domain. What are the confguration considerations for the same? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: service desk 14.1 customer login

Posted Oct 05, 2015 09:21 AM

Hi SSDCG,

I am not 100% sure of what you are asking, however, based on what you are saying about users being able to access the login page from a public domain, I believe you are asking how those users will authenticate.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  With that, to authenticate users who are not internal, meaning they dont have internal domain accounts, the best option to use would be what is called "PIN" authentication.  To do this in SDM, you would create a new access type which you would use only for these external public users.  You would then need to set that new access type to use PIN authentication, for which you would then give the external users that access type. For those users, their passwords would need to be stored in their contact record in the "contact ID" field on the contact form.  They would not be able to set this password on their own, it would need to be created by an SDM admin.

Now aside from authentication, if you are looking to have SDM accessible from outside, you would have to put a secondary or app server in your DMZ, for which you would have to open some ports between that secondary or app server and the primary or background server - those are ports 2100 through 2200, and port 2300.  You may also need to allow for communication to the SQL server (if you are using advanced availability and an app server in the DMZ since it will communicate with SQL directly). 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jon I.