CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Auto Approval option

Posted Mar 01, 2016 04:22 AM

Hi Team,

Could you please let me know if there is an option to auto approve a Service Catalog request for a particular level of approval.

We are currently using CA Service Catalog 12.7.

Thanks,

Hemalatha

• 2.  Re: Auto Approval option

Posted Mar 01, 2016 05:58 AM

I'm not a Catalog expert, but perhaps look at doing this with ITPAM?

• 3.  Re: Auto Approval option

Posted Mar 01, 2016 06:01 AM

Hi Brian,

Thanks. Let me know how to accomplish the same with ITPAM. We use 4.2 SP01.

Thanks,

Hemalatha

• 4.  Re: Auto Approval option

Posted Mar 02, 2016 07:45 AM

Hi Team,

Can anyone help on how to accomplish the auto approval option in CA Service Catalog or ITPAM?

Thanks.

• 5.  Re: Auto Approval option

Posted Mar 30, 2016 08:05 AM

It's possible via CA Process Automation.

First your Service Offer, at Catalog, must have Approval Process option set to "Workflow driven approval process".

Then you must prepare a process on PAM to handle the approval of any solicitations from this offer, check the wiki to know how to create a rules and SRFs to handle approval/fullfilment through PAM.

To auto approve you must change the status from Submitted to Approval Not needed (status code 801, just check the wiki to now more about status values). Catalog has an Webservices API that let you access some features of the application externally via SOAP calls, one particular method, updateRequestItemStatus will let you change the status value of a RequestItem. Using this guy you'll be able to change the status from submitted to approval not needed.

Quick tip: you can find the Webservices API doc inside your Catalog installation

Untitled.png