CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  upgrade 12.5 to 14.1

Posted Nov 02, 2015 04:17 AM

Hello experts,

I'm trying to upgrade SDM 12.5 to 14.1. SDM 12.5 is installed on a WIN2008R2 server with SQL Server 2008.

I got some errors - below - at "Upgrading CA Service Desk Manager" step. JRE 1.7.0_10 was missing and I've copied it from a 14.1 installed server to migration server. But i still receive the same error. What might be the problem? I checked the wiki for any pre-execution steps but couldn't find anything.

errors in install.log

INFO  [DeployThread: Upgrading CA Service Desk Manager] [DeployThread] Task 'task.upgrade_sdm' status saved to DB ....

DEBUG [DeployThread: Upgrading CA Service Desk Manager] [ProgressPage] ProgressPage - Task Error.

DEBUG [DeployThread: Upgrading CA Service Desk Manager] [ProgressPage] Task Error. TaskID: task.upgrade_sdm,Upgrading CA Service Desk Manager

errors in stdlog

11/02 11:36:03.18 HOSTNAME pdm_tomcat           3748 ERROR        ntservice.c            237 Can't execute command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\jre\1.7.0_10\bin\javaw" -Xrs -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false -Xms64M -Xmx512M  -Djaas.config=D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\add-ons\caflow\jaas.config -Djava.security.auth.login.config=D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\add-ons\caflow\jaas.config -Djdbc.baseDriver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver -Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs="C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\common\endorsed -classpath "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\common\lib\tools.jar;"C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\jre\1.7.0_10"\java\lib\tools.jar;D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\java\lib\tools.jar;"C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\bin\bootstrap.jar;D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\java\lib\sqljdbc.jar;D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\java\lib\ojdbc14.jar -Dcatalina.base=D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE -Dcatalina.home="C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23" -Djava.io.tmpdir=D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE\temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap stop

11/02 11:36:03.21 HOSTNAME    pdm_tomcat           3748 ERROR        pdm_tomcat.c          1216 : Could not execute command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\jre\1.7.0_10\bin\javaw" -Xrs -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false -Xms64M -Xmx512M  -Djaas.config=D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\add-ons\caflow\jaas.config -Djava.security.auth.login.config=D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\add-ons\caflow\jaas.config -Djdbc.baseDriver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver -Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs="C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\common\endorsed -classpath "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\common\lib\tools.jar;"C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\jre\1.7.0_10"\java\lib\tools.jar;D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\java\lib\tools.jar;"C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23"\bin\bootstrap.jar;D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\java\lib\sqljdbc.jar;D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\java\lib\ojdbc14.jar -Dcatalina.base=D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE -Dcatalina.home="C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\tomcat\7.0.23" -Djava.io.tmpdir=D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE\temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap stop error: 183

• 2.  Re: upgrade 12.5 to 14.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2015 07:15 AM

hello Utku,

I am not sure why software upgrade did not lay down jRE properly. But on 64bit systems the 32 bit program files directory on c: drive is normally progra2 and not progra1

In your case it's trying to call Java from the 32bit directory but looks like it's not finding it.

Was Windows 8.3 directory / file naming enabled on the c: drive ? It almost seems like it was not and somehow 12.5 managed to work inspite of that ?

_R

• 3.  Re: upgrade 12.5 to 14.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2015 03:05 PM

Utku, from command prompt, if you do

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\jre\1.7.0_10\bin"

does it take you to the bin folder? if not, you would need to figure out

why like if you have the 8.3 enabled. Same can be said for

cd D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1

does it take you to the directory you want? If not, you would need to figure out why...for example, you have any of those shortcut points to

another folder. Thanks _Chi