CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Service desk getting error javaw.exe

Posted Feb 21, 2016 01:29 AM

When i am using Ca service desk on working hours . the utilization  of  server becomes high.

After that a error has  occur in event viewer  -> windows logs - > Apllication . faulting application path

Faulting application name: javaw.exe, version: 6.0.0.105, time stamp: 0x456d4acc

Faulting module name: sda65.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4fc8d64e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0004eb43

Faulting process id: 0x3c6c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1696ac0ce04d7

Faulting application path: F:\CA\SC\jre\1.6.0_00\bin\javaw.exe

Faulting module path: F:\CA\Service Desk Manager\bin\sda65.dll

Report Id: 0dc7663f-d6d3-11e5-b26d-18a9055bbba0

Kindly why my help me out why service desk become hang after this error occur.

• 2.  Re: CA Service desk getting error javaw.exe

Posted Feb 22, 2016 08:03 AM

Hi Sumit Sejwal,

The javaw.exe process is the Tomcat Java Web Services container process, which handles all requests coming into the tomcat web server running on the Service Desk application server.  The faulting module path is sda65.dll, which is used specifically for web services calls.  So it would appear to me that this problem maybe triggered by an overload of web services calls coming into this server during business hours. When this problem occurs, it seems like tomcat (javaw.exe process) is hung up or crashed, and thus is not responding to requests any longer.  To confirm this we would need to understand a bit more about your environment.  Can you provide us with the following information:

1. what version of Service Desk, and what operating system etc.?

2. are you using any web services applications to manipulate data in service desk? (can also be integrations with other applications)

3. are your end users hitting tomcat (port 8080) or IIS (port 80) to access the Service Desk web interface?

These items would probably help to guide you in the right direction on this.  Most likely it would be best for you to open a support case with us on this one so that one of our engineers can troubleshoot the problem with you to narrow it down and figure out where the problem is coming from, but we can certainly try to give you some guidance here through the communities as well.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CA Service desk getting error javaw.exe

Posted Feb 22, 2016 01:31 PM

Hi Jon Israel

Thanks for replying

I m using CA Service Desk 12.5 and window server 20008 R2 operation system.

Yes I m using IVRS , Ca Spectrum ,Ca NSM  integration with CA SDM.

Thanks & regards

Sumit

• 4.  Re: CA Service desk getting error javaw.exe

Posted Feb 23, 2016 01:27 AM

Hi Jon

I cannot open a support case with CA because 12.5 support was ended in 2013.

So kindly help me for the same.

Thanks

sumit

• 5.  Re: CA Service desk getting error javaw.exe

Posted Feb 23, 2016 02:49 AM

HI Sumit,

Assuming you have too much load during business hours  and if you only use Tomcat so far, you may want as Jon mostly started to suggest to reconfigure SDM to use both IIS and tomcat to split the load.

Another option will  be to modify the memory allocated to this container in your java options.

This can be done by modifying the -xms and -xmx value for the @NX_JAVA_OPTIONS in NX.env.

You will of course need to ensure that you have the necessary RAM on that server to support your settings.

Another prefer scenario to completely eliminate overload will be to add a secondary servers dedicated to your web services integrations

Always several roads to reach same destination...

Hope this help.

• 6.  Re: CA Service desk getting error javaw.exe

Posted Feb 26, 2016 01:46 AM

Hi Jon ,Jmayer

Thanks for replying

These error comes without much load on servers. My server utilization was 56 % when javaw error occurs.

thanks

sumit