CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Update/Import contacts with LDAP including department or city

Posted Jul 14, 2016 10:06 AM

Hello!

I used pdm_ldap_import to add users from Active Directory to the SDM. Now I need to add the locations of each contact, I thought if I edited the file with fields ldap.maj active directory and running again pdm_ldap_import could add the missing information but this did not work.

How can automatically performed this task?

I await your answer,

Natalia.

• 2.  Re: Update/Import contacts with LDAP including department or city

Posted Jul 14, 2016 10:18 AM

Hi Natalia,

In order for this to work, you would have to first make sure that all of the locations in AD for the AD users being brought into SDM are already pre-created in SDM.  The names of the locations in SDM need to match exact to those in AD, and need to be created before the sync or import is done.

Can you confirm if you have all locations created in SDM and do they match exactly?

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Update/Import contacts with LDAP including department or city

Posted Jul 14, 2016 10:50 AM

Thanks Jon, are created but are not accurate. I'll get with this task and I confirm if I worked

• 4.  Re: Update/Import contacts with LDAP including department or city

Posted Jul 14, 2016 02:30 PM

Jon, it does not work.

I auditioned with a location and should be updated at least one record. I may not be correctly calling this field within the SD, How is the field called in the internal location?

I found it on the table ca_location, "location_name" for the location. Is the correct name? Becouse i try this and I didnt work.

I attach the ldap.maj, the field that need to bring the Active Directory is physicalDeliveryOfficeName or company.

ldap.jpg

thanks for your help!

• 5.  Re: Update/Import contacts with LDAP including department or city

Posted Jul 14, 2016 03:27 PM

Mario,

It looks like you have "city" in SDM mapped to "physicaldeliveryofficename" in AD, but I dont see the location field anywhere on the SDM side here.   You should just try "location" instead of "city" in the ldap.maj file.  Remember the ldap stuff is only looking at the contact table, not the rest - so you have to look at the contact object in service desk, to see what the name for location is, which is simply "location".  

Please give that a try,

Thanks,

Jon

• 6.  Re: Update/Import contacts with LDAP including department or city
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 14, 2016 07:18 PM

As well, I do not recommend modifying the OOTB ldap.maj file. Better to create an ldap.mod file in ...\site\mods\majic with the following content:

OBJECT ldap LDAP

{

ATTRIBUTES LDAP_Entry

{

location                physicalDeliveryOfficeName   STRING ;

} ;

} ;

• 7.  Re: Update/Import contacts with LDAP including department or city

Posted Jul 15, 2016 09:56 AM

Thank you so much guys!

I restored the file .maj and created the .mod. It worked perfect!

it was necessary to restart the service.

regards!!