CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 01:28 PM

I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk? I've looked in the CA SDM Details of the Tables displayed in r12.5 logical data model manual and I'm not finding what I need.

• 2.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 08-19-2015 01:54 PM

Hi Joyce,

Unfortunately, there is not much documentation around the universe objects/classes themselves.  Most of them are a bit self-explanatory by names. If you look into the properties of a given object, it'll give some information about the Select Statement or Where Clause its using,  which inturn needs to be mapped manually by looking at the Logical data model.

There are some filters that might be referencing objects in classes, so you'd have to go look at the details of those objects to see what its really pulling.

Finally there's Derived Tables, which again have SDM logical name syntax associated to the tables/columns the table is created from.

This could be a great idea to be considered if there is good enough community demand on it.

_R

• 3.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 02:02 PM

Hi Raghu,

I've looked into the properties of the object, it gave me the table name and the object name which our DBA can't find in the MDB.  We can see that object in the derived universe and I can use that object in a report, but there doesn't seem to be a related column name in the database that we can find.

Joyce

• 4.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 08-19-2015 02:54 PM

Joyce,

Maybe this link helps? https://wiki.ca.com/display/CASM1401/Objects+and+Attributes

If its a custom table, this approach might help.   Look for NX_ROOT/site/ddict.sch  or  NX_ROOT/site/mods/*.sch files

You should see entries like this in that file:

p1 NR_Comment -> CURR_PROV nr_com ;

string to the right side of CURR_PROV  is the real item in SQL Server / Oracle.

_R

• 5.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 03:29 PM

Hi Raghu,

I looked in the site folder but there wasn't a file called ddict.sch and the .sch files in the mods folder didn't have anything like your describing.

Joyce

• 6.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 03:49 PM

Hi

Try to use bop_sinfo

e.g.

bop_sinfo -q cr

this command should give you name of the physical name

instead of cr you can specify any other object that you looking for.

• 7.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 04:30 PM

Hi Gutis,

Where do I do that command?

Joyce

• 8.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 04:33 PM

CA SDM server cmd

• 9.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 04:55 PM

Hi Gutis,

That command works great for the cr ----> call_req but the field I'm trying to find is call Request_Area_Description in the universe, we can't find it in the db - the universe says it's in the 'cr' table and it is in the universe - does that make sense?

Joyce

• 10.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 08-19-2015 05:02 PM

I totally forgot about another aspect.

Attribute Aliases. These are additional virtualized attributes that you can define in SDM so that it makes it a bit easier for reporting.

Service Desk -> Administration tab -> Service Desk -> Application Data -> Codes -> Attribute Aliases

cr<javascript:do_default(7)>

request_area_description<javascript:do_default(7)>

category.description

_R

• 11.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 05:03 PM

Ok, I see it is an alias you can find them in SDM under administration tab ->Service Desk->application data->code->attribute alliases

you will see that this is alias for cr object attribute category

• 12.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 05:06 PM

You can perform command

bop_sinfo -d cr |findstr category

you will get

category             SREL -> pcat.persistent_id

so pcat is the factory you are looking for

bop_sinfo -q pcat

wil give you

Factory pcat < Prob_Category >

So Prob_Category is the table you looking for

• 13.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 05:33 PM

Ok - I found the alias for request_area_description and it's call category.description - so do I put the entire string in the command

eg.  bop_sinfo -d cr |findstr category.description

or

bop_sinfo -d cr |findstr category?

Joyce

• 14.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 05:35 PM

• 15.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 05:37 PM

just

bop_sinfo -d cr |findstr category

Since category is SREL attribute to pcat, and description is the attribute of pcat

so basicaly

category.description

means

give me description of the category that is related to the request

• 16.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 08-19-2015 05:39 PM

I think this should cover it:

C:\PROGRA2\CA\SERVIC1\sdk\websvc\R11>bop_sinfo -qd cr | findstr /i category

category             SREL -> pcat.persistent_id

category_f           LOCAL INTEGER

category_prev        LOCAL SREL -> pcat.persistent_id

sap_category         STRING(32)

In your case you’re looking for category.description right?

SO,  it would be  pcat table’s description field:

C:\PROGRA2\CA\SERVIC1\sdk\websvc\R11>bop_sinfo -qd pcat | findstr /i description

description          STRING(500)

• 17.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 05:48 PM

Thanks Raghu, that helps a lot.  I will show this to our DBA and see if she can find it in the pcat table in the db.

Joyce

• 18.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 05:49 PM

One more question, just curious - what does -d and -q and /I stand for?

Joyce

• 19.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 05:52 PM

There is no pcat table in database only Prob_Category

-q shows relation database name

• 20.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-19-2015 05:58 PM

Ok thanks

Joyce

• 21.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 08-20-2015 03:34 PM

Joyce.............

Do you have any further questions on this topic?

If not, please mark Raghu's answer as correct

• 22.  Re: I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the tables and columns mapped by CA UNIVERSE to the MDB for Service Desk?

Posted 08-20-2015 04:18 PM

Thanks Paul, I marked Raghu's answer as correct.

Joyce