CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Workshifts on service types

Posted Mar 29, 2016 02:51 PM

Hello everyone,

I need to manage some service types with same events, but different workshifts. Instead of recreating multiple events with different workshifts for each service type, I decided to reuse the same events, only changing the workshifts on service types.

I was following this text on documentation:

Workshift

Specifies the dates, days, and hours when the service type is in effect. Usually coincides with your service desk is operating time period (for example, 24 Hours, Regular, or Non-Business Hours).

The following rules apply to a workshift:

• If you apply a workshift to a service type, stop and restart the service for the workshift to take effect immediately.
    • If a workshift for a service type has been specified, but one has not been specified for an event, the service type workshift is in effect.
    • If a workshift for an event has been specified, but one has not been specified for a service type, the service type workshift is ignored.
    • If a workshift for event and for service type have been specified, the service type workshift is ignored.

Source: Manage Service Type and Service Type Events - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

So, if I got this right, the workshift on a service type is valid only when there is no workshift on event, right?

However, I tested this situation and the service type's workshift is not being applied. When the workshift is on the event, it works properly.

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks,

Diogo

• 2.  Re: Workshifts on service types
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 29, 2016 04:15 PM

A CA analyst just called me (I had opened a support case for this) and she said me that the option sla_workshift_override must be installed, so this will work.

The issue is, this isn't obvious on documentation (link I posted above). But, at least, the problem is solved.

• 3.  Re: Workshifts on service types

Posted Mar 29, 2016 04:18 PM

Thanks for letting the community know the solution Diogo!

Diogo Nobrega wrote:

A CA analyst just called me (I had opened a support case for this) and she said me that the option sla_workshift_override must be installed, so this will work.

The issue is, this isn't obvious on documentation (link I posted above). But, at least, the problem is solved.