CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Script for Task update in change order

Posted May 06, 2015 09:55 AM

Hi all,

we are having a problem with some change status that should update task status automatically (like CL state) that are not working and all task stay in last status before Canceling the change. We are looking a way to run a script or something to update the task status of a specific change number. Is there any way to do it or any work around?

The only we have thought is extracting the tables related to the workflow and updating the status manually.

Please if anyone knows  any other solution will be great!!

Thanks a lot.

Hernan.

• 2.  Re: Script for Task update in change order

Posted May 06, 2015 11:24 AM

hi,

could you provide more information, which activity should initiate your script and what status you're planning to achieve?

There is some limitations in Workflow Task object, as I remember there is no way to update OOTB fields when task is completed or you cant manualy assign PEND status. If you try scripts will end with error.

Basicly all of object modification can be achieved via checkout / checkin method or via SET_VAL method if you're running macro directly from object.

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: Script for Task update in change order

Posted May 06, 2015 12:37 PM

Hi cdtj,

What i'm trying to achieve is updating any task field running a command line script, that script could be initiated manually. What i have tried is extracting the Workflow_task table and done some modifications manually and the uploaded those changes with pdm_userload command, but it takes me a lot of time. I haven't came across with any error running that command.

Sorry, but what are those checkout / checkin methods?

Did i explaine myself right this time? let me know.

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Script for Task update in change order

Posted May 06, 2015 12:46 PM

You need to change status to canceled this will cancel all workflow task, after that you can close change

• 5.  Re: Script for Task update in change order

Posted May 06, 2015 12:50 PM

Correct, but sadly in some cases this is not working, so i need to make some changes manually

• 6.  Re: Script for Task update in change order
    Best Answer

Posted May 06, 2015 12:58 PM

Then you can execute spl script using  bop_cmd command, or simply write java or .net application that will use webservices or rest api to change wf statuses

• 7.  Re: Script for Task update in change order

Posted May 06, 2015 02:47 PM

I guess i will have to do that. I will try to use bop_cmd.

Thanks for your time!

Regards.

• 8.  Re: Script for Task update in change order

Posted May 06, 2015 12:52 PM