CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Handle exporting data.

Posted Nov 30, 2015 09:07 AM

Hi everyone.

I'm using SDM 14.1

I need to manipulate some columns and data, which are exported in Excel format when the user clicks the "Export" button in the results list (list_cr.htmpl).

The reason for that is, after inserting a new column, the screen display is normal, but when trying to export its not.

When exporting, quickly opens a popup window (http://myhost:8080/CAisd/html/export_file.html url=http://myhost:8080/CAisd/PDMExport&status) then it closes and opens another popup window (http://myhost:8080/CAisd/html/export_error.html) displaying the following error message: "Fatal error has occurred in servlet please see jsrvr.log for details."

The log says:

domsrvr 1984 SIGNIFICANT connmgr.c 2394 Connecting client pdm_exporter-MYHOST-#8160
    pdm_exporter 8160 SIGNIFICANT pdm_exporter.c 109 Connected to server MYHOST (domsrvr)
    pdm_exporter 8160 SIGNIFICANT nx_exporter.c 1230 Export (pdmweb:MYHOST#42e0b9e8:1513fc573a6:-7fff-5636-1) started for Userid(myusername) Factory(cr) Where(active = 1 AND ( type = 'R' OR type = '' OR type IS NULL ))
    domsrvr 1984 ERROR domset.c 12402 Unable to forward the message to attribute network_name
    pdm_exporter 8160 SEVERE_ERROR helpers.c 722 ResolveAttr: Failed in receive message (method:got_dob_attr_type_info) - (string)Unknown name.
    pdm_exporter 8160 ERROR nx_exporter.c 1168 Invalid Factory (cr) specified. Unable to continue.
    pdm_exporter 8160 SIGNIFICANT nx_exporter.c 1267 Export (pdmweb:MYHOST#42e0b9e8:1513fc573a6:-7fff-5636-1) completed after (0.562) seconds.
    domsrvr 1984 SIGNIFICANT connmgr.c 2394 Disconnecting client pdm_exporter-MYHOST-#8160

Which column I inserted?

<PDM_MACRO name=lsCol hdr="Header Name" attr=affected_resource.assoc_net_roux.network_name nowrap="yes" startrow="no">

NOTE: Because this new column access an attribute of a class of a configuration item, I had to insert the attribute "search_type=GET_DOB" in the tag <PDM_MACRO name=lsStart>, resulting in

<PDM_MACRO name=lsStart search_type=GET_DOB>, because without this attribute, an error occurred and the list was not displayed on the screen, as not all tickets have such information.

Why the application of this attribute is not maintained in the export? How can I handle that?

Any help is very welcome!

Thank you all.

Mario

• 2.  Re: Handle exporting data.

Posted Dec 02, 2015 02:42 PM

hi guys, any news?

• 3.  Re: Handle exporting data.

Posted Dec 08, 2015 04:29 AM

Try adding the "export=yes" attribute to the definition of the column like this:

<PDM_MACRO name=lsCol hdr="Header Name" attr=affected_resource.assoc_net_roux.network_name nowrap="yes" startrow="no" export=yes>

• 4.  Re: Handle exporting data.

Posted Dec 08, 2015 11:05 AM

Hi Brian,

Thanks for helping.

Unfortunately, it did not work.

The log says:

12/08 10:51:57.463[http-bio-8080-exec-10] INFO  PDMExport 1127 Validate BOPSID:
    12/08 10:51:58.943[Thread-14] ERROR PDMExport 1499 Got Reply Error (3) AHD13104:The export process has been terminated or is not responding

• 5.  Re: Handle exporting data.

Posted Dec 08, 2015 01:15 PM

Hi everyone!

It took me several tries, combining attributes and values, now I could almost found a solution.

I say almost because in the results list, the value is successfully displayed, but when exporting, only the "first level" value of the object is displayed.

For example, the screen displays "Value X" corresponding to "affected_resource.assoc_net_roux.network_name", but the excel file displays "value y" corresponding only to "affected_resource".

Actually, in the excel file, when there is no value to be displayed, the cell is empty, as expected. That's ok!

On the other hand, in the results list (on the screen), for items that do not have such "Value X", it is showing some text like "(Unable to get the value of affected_resource.assoc_net_roux.network_name)".

That's not a problem for me, since I'm using a javascript code to replace it by "-".

Now, I'm using the pdm_macro tag like this:

<PDM_MACRO name=lsCol hdr="Header Name" attr=affected_resource common_name_option="yes" display_attr="assoc_net_roux.network_name" export="yes" nowrap="yes" startrow="no">

The goal now is to display the correct value when exporting (network_name not affected_resource).

I feel that we are close to reaching the solution, but I'm stuck at this point.

I hope I have been able to clarify the case.

Thank you very much in advance.