CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

• 1.  Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Dec 11, 2015 02:39 PM

Well,

One more problem with the new version 14.1.02. We use in form xfer_esc_cr Additional_Where parameters on Group and Assignee fields, like the following example.

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Novo grupo (transferência)" attr=group extraURL="KEEP.zProcesso.code=$args.category.zProcesso.code+KEEP.zProcesso.sym=$args.category.zProcesso.sym+ADDITIONAL_WHERE= zProcesso.code='$args.category.zProcesso.code' " make_required=yes>

This worked fine until we upgraded the version to 14.1.02 (I am starting to regret).

The new feature named "User and Group Assignment" is excelent, but the solution developmented by CA don't work with Additional_where.

Example:

This is the xfer_esc_cr form:

This indicated field is a link to list_cnt form.

If I click, the form don't list the record because the system don't merge the additional clause and the group/assignee new feature.

Pay attention on two characters @. I don't know why are these characters showing, but I know this is the problem. I believe CA didn't think about a way to join our clause (additional_where) with the clause of new feature.

We consider it a bug but we cannot open a case for CA because it is a customization.

What we need is a way to disable this new feature or a solution.

Can somebody help us?

• 2.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Dec 11, 2015 05:02 PM

I think you should open the issue, since this is definetly bug. And then is up to CA to solve it and show that they care about the quality of product.

• 3.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Dec 12, 2015 11:55 AM

I agree with Geidrius,

Plus your work could be performed from the designer view of WSP so I don't think it's considered a customization but configuration.  According to the following document, http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec591368.aspx

• 4.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Dec 14, 2015 01:42 PM

Thank you Gutis and Bruneau. I opened a case. I will update this post soon.

• 5.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Jan 06, 2016 09:32 AM

Hi, any news on this

• 6.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Jan 06, 2016 11:16 AM

Hi Gutis.

The Case has 1 month and remains the same. No sign from CA. For now we abandon the idea of the update to version 1.14.02.

• 7.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Jan 06, 2016 11:52 AM

Hello,

I apologize for any lack of updates on the case you have raised.  Please provide the case # so I may look into the progress and activity?

Thank You

Steven LaRocca
    Director, CA Support
    CA Technologies | 160 Bridge St Hartfield Executive Pk | East Windsor, CT 06088-9548
    Office: 631 342 6449 | Mobile: +1 631 252 1145 | Steven.Larocca@ca.com

• 8.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Jan 06, 2016 03:09 PM

Hello Steven,

Follow the requested data.

Case Number & Title:00267905: Bug on version 14.1.02

Regards.

• 9.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Jan 06, 2016 03:53 PM

How many different values do you have for zProcesso.code? You may try to define restricted cnt factories for each of them, and use pdm_if to display different grp attribute using differen factory depending on category e.g.

in maj file:

OBJECT cnt{ 

FACTORY grp_processo400001  {
            RESTRICT "type = 2308 AND processo = 400001" { type = 2308, processo = 400001} ;
        DOMSET auto_assign "last_name" "schedule" STATIC;
            DOMSET grp_list "combo_name,phone_number,contact_num,organization,location" "" DYNAMIC;

STANDARD_LISTS {
                SORT_BY "combo_name,phone_number,contact_num,organization=organization.name,location=location.name";
                WHERE "delete_flag = 0" ;
                MLIST OFF ;
                RLIST OFF ;
            };

REL_ATTR id ;
            COMMON_NAME combo_name ;
            FUNCTION_GROUP "group" ;
        } ;

};

in htmpl

<PDM_IF "$args.category.processo.code" = "PROCESSO1">

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Group" attr=group factory=grp_processo400001 evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this)\\\"">

<PDM_ELIF "$args.category.processo.code" = "PROCESSO1">

It may just work, but you may have problems with auto assigment and etc. So most probably best is to wait for the patch

• 10.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Jan 30, 2016 10:29 AM

If this is still not resolved you can try the following approach:

change your pdm_macro:

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Novo grupo (transferência)" attr=group extraURL="KEEP.zProcesso.code=$args.category.zProcesso.code+KEEP.zProcesso.sym=$args.category.zProcesso.sym+KEEP.zCatProcesso=$args.category.zProcesso.code" make_required=yes>

and in list cnt before

<PDM_MACRO name=sfStartRow>

if ( groupOnly )

add the following

<PDM_IF '$args.KEEP.zCatProcesso' != ''>

var add_where = "zProcesso.code ='$args.KEEP.zCatProcesso'";

document.write('<input type="hidden" id="ADDL_WHERE_HARDCODE" name="ADDL_WHERE_HARDCODE" value="' + add_where + '">');

</PDM_IF>

• 11.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Feb 01, 2016 04:46 PM

Hello Gutis!

We are near of the finish line of the migration (scheduled to March). Until the conclusion, we can not test because we rollback the DEV environment to version 14.1.

After the launch we will upgrade the system again and test your code.

Thank you for your support and attention.

• 12.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Sep 07, 2016 08:27 AM

Did You managed to resolve this issue. Curently we have the same problem and we have found the rootcause and working on resolution. But still i would like to know if there is oficial testfix for this.

• 13.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Sep 08, 2016 10:00 AM

Hello Gutis.

In the next month we will try again install the Cumulative Patch #3 and handling the problem on DEV environment. For now, we don't have more information because We suspended the update since we have found the issue.

If you can tell us about evolution, we would be grateful.

Regards

Fabiano D.

• 14.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Sep 09, 2016 07:27 AM

Hi, we found that this is because of scripting error in function fill_name_fields_text. Because of this bug additional_where is added twice when it is used on group field.

Solution:

copy bopcfg\www\wwwroot\scripts\std_head.js to  site\mods\www\wwwroot\scripts\std_head.js  and in function fill_name_fields_text add following code just before 'return extra':

var additional_wheres = extra.match(/ADDITIONAL_WHERE=([^+]*)/g);
    if(additional_wheres != null && additional_wheres.length > 1){
        var rest = extra;
        var additional_where = [];
        for(var i = 0; i < additional_wheres.length; i++){
            rest = rest.replace(additional_wheres[i], '');
            additional_where.push(additional_wheres[i].replace('ADDITIONAL_WHERE=', ''));
        }
        extra = "ADDITIONAL_WHERE=" + additional_where.join(' AND ') + rest.replace(/\+$/, '');

}

• 15.  Re: Additional_Where for Group and Assignee Fields doesn't work with new feature "User and Group Assignment"

Posted Sep 09, 2016 03:45 PM

Nice work, Gutis!

Now we owe you two beers, in Brazil.

In october we will try the solution and give you a feedback.

Thank you!