CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  [SCHEMA] z_field marked with " <> " on bop_sinfo command

Posted Jan 15, 2016 04:32 AM

Hello, Good Morning !

We're facing a weird situation relative to a "z_ " attribute on our schema.

We create an attribute "z_nombre_tecnico" through WSP (as always), and after the publish, it appears on bop_sinfo command with "<> ":

Although, it appears on cmdb,  but on LOG files, we have the information:

01/15 10:08:42.13 (our_server_name)      domsrvr:02          27796 ERROR        majic.y               2757 Column usp_owned_resource.z_nombre_tecnico for attribute nr.z_nombre_tecnico is not defined in the schema

any idea if this could impact something on the normal behaviour of the Service Desk and CMDB management ?

Greetings in advance,

Ivo

• 2.  Re: [SCHEMA] z_field marked with " <> " on bop_sinfo command

Posted Jan 15, 2016 05:28 AM

Hi Ivo
    The error message points to the problem,that there seems to be no physical database table field created for you z Attribut. For whatever reason the pdm_publish failed to create this new field in the db.
    Please check file site/dich.sch and try to find your field name.I assume that you will not find it. I expect that you are not able to store persistent information into your new field.
    Regards
    ....Michael

• 3.  Re: [SCHEMA] z_field marked with " <> " on bop_sinfo command

Posted Jan 15, 2016 05:28 AM

Hi Ivo
    The error message points to the problem,that there seems to be no physical database table field created for your z Attribut. For whatever reason the pdm_publish failed to create this new field in the db.
    Please check file site/dich.sch and try to find your field name.I assume that you will not find it. I expect that you are not able to store persistent information into your new field.
    Regards
    ....Michael

• 4.  Re: [SCHEMA] z_field marked with " <> " on bop_sinfo command

Posted Jan 15, 2016 05:52 AM

Hello Michael!

True fact: is not on ddict.sch file, despite of being presented on db !

anyway, i've just checked our other 2 envs (Prod, and Pre-Prod) and the field was correctly created and is corrected displayed through command bop_sinfo (i mean, without " <> ").

So, any idea how to fix this?

is the only way to fix this delete the field and create it again, or is there any other workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Ivo

• 5.  Re: [SCHEMA] z_field marked with " <> " on bop_sinfo command
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 15, 2016 06:24 AM

Hi Ivo.
    First thing I would try, is just to execute pdm_publish from command line again.
    Regards
    ....Michael

• 6.  Re: [SCHEMA] z_field marked with " <> " on bop_sinfo command

Posted Jan 20, 2016 02:24 AM

Hello Michael,

I've followed your suggestion, and it works!

the field is now correctly created after a new pdm_publish execution!

Thanks