CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  how to raise just a single ticket in SDM from 1 request with 10 products are added to Catalog cart (CA Catalog)?

Posted Dec 14, 2015 02:15 AM

Hi All,

I am using IT Service Management 14.1. (SDM, Catalog, IT PAM and USS)

I want to raise single ticket in SDM from 1 request with 10 different products instead of 10 tickets for each products when the products are added to Catalog cart.

Example :

1. Users can add any products from thousands of service/products list into cart (dynamic selection means rate plan will not work)

2. User raised a cart with 10 different products/ services (desktop, laptop, mouse, network, software and application related)

3. After submitting the cart, as CA Catalog is built on different platform and take each row/products/services and raised PAM process for each of them.

Question1: How we can restrict CA Catalog to trigger single PAM process on cart level?

4. From out of 10 products 5 are related to Hardware group, 3 are related to network group and 2 are related to application group in SDM

5. Now after approval done through PAM workflow, SDM requests are created for each products (10 SDM requests are created) rather than creating only three requests i.e. based on SDM group

a. First ticket based on hardware group (5 products)

b. second based on network (3 products)

c. third based on application (2 products)

Question 2: How we can restrict PAM to raised tickets on SDM group basis?

As above requirement really helpful for IT Service Management to reduce number of tickets in SDM and also for increasing performance.

Please suggest me your idea for how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance,

Abhishek Kaushal

• 2.  Re: how to raise just a single ticket in SDM from 1 request with 10 products are added to Catalog cart (CA Catalog)?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 15, 2015 10:59 AM

Out of the box, you get one PAM process, and then one Service Desk ticket, per Subscription Item - because the Action (configured in the Administration tab of Service Catalog) is triggered off the Event 'Request/Subscription Item Change'. I'd recommend going in there and having a good browse around the definitions of the Rules and Actions that achieve this, to get a feel for what's going on.

The problem you face is that the Service Desk and PAM items aren't then fulfillment for the subscription being requested; while you could achieve what you're after by making a single item in the request actually trigger the Service Desk side, using a new Rule definition to select specifically that item (e.g. by Code on a mandatory 'dummy' item in addition to the options people are selecting), I'd also recommend considering why you wish to combine these into a single Service Desk ticket - you're no longer controlling the fulfillment process for an item, but a more general, more manual process.

• 3.  Re: how to raise just a single ticket in SDM from 1 request with 10 products are added to Catalog cart (CA Catalog)?

Posted Dec 16, 2015 02:48 AM

Hi Iain,

Thanks for your suggestion, but Catalog only support Rate Plan to raise single PAM process. As I mentioned user can select/add any products from the thousands of products/ services list in to cart/ subscription (dynamic selection of products means we cant proposed Rate Plan as a solution).

I have tried to raise single PAM process on cart/ subscription (e.g. 1 PAM process for 10 subscription items) level through Event, Rules & Actions but not succeed. (Please help and share, If you have any rule and action to perform the same)

We required above solution coz, daily 300-400 tickets are raised in SDM, as per my above example: (Point no.5)

a. First ticket based on hardware group (5 product) will assign to hardware group in SDM at same time,  so that SDM will fulfilled and deliver all hardware products in one slot.(as cart/ subscription is raised by single person, so better we resolved and fulfilled in one slot)

And same with other products, so that we can save time, cost and improve ticket resolution time.

Regards,

Abhishek

• 4.  Re: how to raise just a single ticket in SDM from 1 request with 10 products are added to Catalog cart (CA Catalog)?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2015 09:58 AM

Hi again,

you can still do it through the Request/Subscription Item Change path, you just need to use a rule that is only triggered by a single item per request. To do this, you can set a Code on the primary, mandatory item in the Service, and then not have the other optional items have that code. Then make that code part of the rule.

This will only get you one PAM action per service.