CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CABI 4.1 ODBC Error

Posted Apr 17, 2015 04:08 PM

Hi fellows,

after installing CABI 4.1 and SDM 14.1 i tried excecuting any report from infoview and rich client and i got same error :

"DBD: Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  193:  (CA Service Desk Manager(OA ODBC 32Bit), D:\CA\SC\CASD_ODBC\ivoa25.dll)."

I have configured SDM in high availability mode and i configured the sdm-cabi integration pointing the odbc to the application server (as the manual says). I also tried testing the connection in the universe designer and got same error. I only see the odbc agents intalled in the backgound server so i don't know if it is right or not cuz it's my first time with a high availability configuation.

I also tried running the sdm-cabi integration again with not luck and also reinstalling the odbc agents in sdm server.

What else can i triy??

Please any advice will be appreciated.

Hernan.

• 2.  Re: CABI 4.1 ODBC Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2015 10:05 PM

Hi Hernan.

Would you be able to verify if this approach resolves the issue?

1)    Stop WEBI Rich Client/Universe Design Tool and/or any other CABI Client tools you have running

2)    Stop SIA (via central configuration manager)

3)    Re-Install the ODBC drivers by running the SDM-CABI integration tool on the ISO/DVD.  This time the ODBC install should be successful both for 32bit and 64bit drivers.  If this doesn’t, raise a support case and have one of the engineers troubleshoot it.

4)    Start SIA

5)    Retest

_R

• 3.  Re: CABI 4.1 ODBC Error

Posted Apr 20, 2015 10:52 AM

Hi Raghu,

I have done what you mentioned before with no luck so I have raised a case to CA support.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

• 4.  Re: CABI 4.1 ODBC Error

Posted Apr 19, 2015 11:26 PM

Hi Herman

Further to Rhagu's recommendations:

Ensure that the odbc services are strated from the oa72odbc folder as boxi 4.1 uses the later odbc drivers.

Bud

• 5.  Re: CABI 4.1 ODBC Error

Posted Apr 20, 2015 11:03 AM

Yes, they are started from that directory.

Thanks for replying

• 6.  Re: CABI 4.1 ODBC Error

Posted Jul 14, 2015 03:21 PM

Does anyone else have any suggestions that might help hernanlo_?

Yes, they are started from that directory.

Thanks for replying

• 7.  Re: CABI 4.1 ODBC Error

Posted Aug 18, 2015 04:23 PM

Just ran into this today

What worked for me was when doing the Configure step where it installs the drivers (both 32 and 64 bit) is create separate install folders for each of them (so I tool the default path and added _32 and _64 folders) and point the 32 bit client and 64 bit client to their respective folders, and was then able to configure it all successfully

• 8.  Re: CABI 4.1 ODBC Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2015 05:09 PM

Thank you for sharing the information phinchey.

hernanlo_,

Was your original issue resolved? 

Thx

_R