CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Profile Browser vs. File > New (x)

Posted Mar 16, 2015 05:06 PM

QUESTION:  When using the profile browser, there are many different ways to create a new ticket; what is the most efficient method for creating a ticket using the profile browser versus using the file menu?

So there are current discussions underway on the best approach to performing data entry for tickets.

(Help Desk)

1. They do quick hits all day long - they stay on the profile browser screen and use search in the upper right corner all the time to lookup a contact.
    2. Once the contact is displayed on the Profile Browser they use the scratchpad to jot down a few things and then click "Create"
    3. On the ticket data entry screen the "Affected End User" is populated but the requestor is blank and that is the designated the first field in the screen.
    4. They will have to tab twice to get over to the Area field to continue

(Level 2-3 Analysts)

1. Meanwhile, the technicians use File > Create new Incident
    2. First field on the data entry screen is "Requestor".
    3. They type in this information and tab once to "Affected end user" (It pre-populates)
    4. They tab to the Area field

Now the DELMA -  The Help Desk wants to swap the "Affected End User" and "Requestor" on the form and change the tab order to minimize key strokes

My argument is to leave it Out Of The Box, but I have no evidence to show them the most efficient method for creating a ticket using the profile browser.

• 2.  Re: Profile Browser vs. File > New (x)

Posted Mar 17, 2015 03:38 PM

Do the members of the Help Desk have a role separate from the L2-3 Analysts?

If so, then create a new Form Group for Help Desk and modify the detail_xx.htmpl forms to swap the Requester and AEU fields and place them in this Form Group.  This will present the minimum amount of customization and fulfill the requirement as I understand it.

Good Luck,

J.W.

• 3.  Re: Profile Browser vs. File > New (x)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2015 04:49 PM

I think out of box order is faster...that is, enter the "requestor" and tab to "affected end user", which is already pre-polulated. If you modified the page

to put the "affected end user" before "requestor", then after you enter the affected end user the requestor is not pre-polulated and you will need to enter

it again. As for better/faster way in "Profile", you can try to use some templates to have some fields automatically populated from template. Thanks _Chi