CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How Configure Knowledge management in SDM 12.7

Posted Nov 05, 2014 05:58 AM

Hi

I have a question about how configure and implement Knowledge management??? Does anybody have some instructions how to implement or any block-schemas of process?

Or Your Best practices.

Thanks a lot

• 2.  Re: How Configure Knowledge management in SDM 12.7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2014 08:08 AM

Hi,

The SDM Greenbook does contain a chapter on Knowledge management.

Best regards,

Peter

• 3.  Re: How Configure Knowledge management in SDM 12.7

Posted Nov 05, 2014 08:29 AM

Thanks for raply. But in GreenBook it in general. I am serching for how it implement in systeM?

Is there any knowledge status transitions  ? Whant to organize some workflow from creation to publish.

And when retire then evaluate-rewowk-publish or inactive.

My Knowledge documents are mapped to the tree of categories. Do categorories can have assignee - GROUP?

doc_knowledge.jpg

• 4.  Re: How Configure Knowledge management in SDM 12.7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2014 11:53 AM

The Knowledge Management component provides a simple to use Workflow process which is quite straight forward by creating a simple task list - the completion of each task allows to assign a document status.

knowledge admin.JPG

By default CA SDM differentiates between these document statuses:
    - "Draft" (which is the initial version of a document, but "could" also be utilized for any subsequent evaluation or review tasks),

- "Published" (for documents which are available to End Users / Customers and

-  "Retired" (for documents which have passed their expiration date and are no longer relevant).

These statuses can be adapted by an easy to use configuration mechanism...

The process templates and their corresponding task lists are defined in the "Administration-Tab under "Knowledge"."Approval Process Manager":"Approval Process Template":

approval process template.JPG

The "Build In" Knowledge Workflow (out of the box) is a simple one step "Create Document" Task which I have extended in the example above with a simple "... Approval" and "Publish" task, this example does not differentiate between statuses within the last two tasks (which is something I would consider to change to make sure that the current status always reflects the workflow status.

However, the "Junctions" are defined by assigning the Rework and Unretire Task (indicated by an "x" in the example above. So whenever a User with the corresponding privileges sends a Knowledge Document to "Rework" or "Retired", the KD will be set into the "Create Document / Draft" status...

knowledge document edit access attributess.JPG

The Approval Process Template utilized can be bound to the KD template, so a Knowledge Document on SAP may follow a different process than a KD for MS Office related Knowledge...

• 5.  Re: How Configure Knowledge management in SDM 12.7

Posted Nov 06, 2014 07:23 AM

CA Admin Guide->Chapter 19: Managing Knowledge may also help.

• 6.  Re: How Configure Knowledge management in SDM 12.7

Posted Nov 06, 2014 07:26 AM

CA Admin Guide->Chapter 20: Administering Knowledge Management should also be helpful.

• 7.  Re: How Configure Knowledge management in SDM 12.7

Posted Nov 06, 2014 07:31 AM

thanks

• 8.  Re: How Configure Knowledge management in SDM 12.7

Posted Nov 06, 2014 11:24 PM

Hi Sidorchuke,

Please mark this thread with the correct answer if the above information is helpful.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 9.  Re: How Configure Knowledge management in SDM 12.7

Posted Nov 07, 2014 05:16 AM

HI!

Could anybody show(screenshots) (if it is possible) how process is realized in your environment?

I am interesting on just publish documents and after some time when retire, they should assign to group, which is owner of category of knowledge.Is it possible?