CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Knowledge Document KD Process Flow Comment not displaying in email notification

• 1.  Knowledge Document KD Process Flow Comment not displaying in email notification

Posted Sep 29, 2015 11:39 AM

Good Morning,

I was able to find that the comment field on the KD Process work flow is suppose to display on the email notification.   You can add the field to the notification and it does display on the email however the data you enter in the box does not display.   We were told we needed to add the field to the database which was done.   It still is not displaying the data.   How do we link the field in the database to the email notification so it will display.  I have seen a couple of similar posts but have not seen solutions yet.   Any help would be appreciated. This is in CASD Knowledge Module.

Thank You

Kris Barr

• 2.  Re: Knowledge Document KD Process Flow Comment not displaying in email notification

Posted Oct 07, 2015 05:17 PM

We worked with CA Service Desk on this and I was advised that the field basically does not exist in such a fashion that it will display on the email notifications.   Turns out the field we were told to add to the database was not correct.   My concern here is that this field displays on 4 different steps in the workflow and allows you to add data that data has to go somewhere and be able to be displayed somewhere otherwise the work flows really do not work.   Othere than you manually would send a email from the tool which then defeats the purpose of the email notification.

Does anyone use this workflows in CA Service Desk specifically with the Knowledge Module?   If so can you see the comments field on the email?