CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Help with creating change order site defined conditions

• 1.  Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 02, 2015 02:02 PM
      |   view attached

Hi everyone,

We currently have 2 site defined conditions for I/R/P, and I need to create 2 exactly the same as these for change orders. 

There are 2 atomic conditions in them.  Sequence 10 is for the login user is not the assignee, and sequence 20 is for the open date is not the last modified date.

I need to create these same conditions for Change Orders, but I’m not finding the last modified date as a change order attribute in the list for sequence 20.

I'm attaching a document that shows a screen print of one of the I/R/P conditions. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Tammy

• 2.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions
    Best Answer

Posted May 02, 2015 11:12 PM

Tammy , you'd have to use modified_date as you can see there is no last_mod_dt in the chg object I think product could have been consistent but modified_date will do what you want ...

Note though you need to "Create" the activity association for audit_user and modified_date cause they dont exist OOTB ...

Let me know if this helps.

C:\Users\Administrator>bop_sinfo -d chg | findstr "last"

last_mod_by          SREL -> cnt.id TENANCY_UNRESTRICTED

target_start_last    DATE

target_hold_last    DATE

target_resolved_last DATE

target_closed_last  DATE

C:\Users\Administrator>bop_sinfo -d chg | findstr "date"

call_back_date      DATE

start_date          DATE

open_date            DATE

modified_date        DATE

close_date          DATE

resolve_date        DATE

est_comp_date        DATE

actual_comp_date    DATE

sched_start_date    DATE

sched_end_date      DATE

actual_start_date    DATE

actual_end_date      DATE

service_date        DATE

start_date_f        LOCAL INTEGER

open_date_f          LOCAL INTEGER

close_date_f        LOCAL INTEGER

resolve_date_f      LOCAL INTEGER

est_comp_date_f      LOCAL INTEGER

actual_comp_date_f  LOCAL INTEGER

sched_start_date_f  LOCAL INTEGER

sched_end_date_f    LOCAL INTEGER

actual_start_date_f  LOCAL INTEGER

actual_end_date_f    LOCAL INTEGER

close_date_prev      LOCAL DATE

resolve_date_prev    LOCAL DATE

• 3.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 03, 2015 02:10 AM

Thanks, Sherwin!  I created the activity associations and used the modified date in the condition and it worked perfectly.

• 4.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 03, 2015 12:07 PM

Well, I should clarify that to say that it' working the same as it does for I/R/P.   I'm now remembering that sequence 20 was at attempt to have the attach doc notification only be sent if it wasn't for a 'new' ticket being created via email (because w attach the email to all new tickets created from emails).  But it didn't work 3 years ago when we tried this for I/R/P, and it's not working now for the COs.  (The description in the screen print was for something else we had tried, not the current sequence 20 that you see in the screen print).

So if anyone has any ideas for how to suppress the attach doc notification when the ticket is first created, doing that would really help to cut down on unnecessary emails.

Tammy

• 5.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 03, 2015 01:34 PM

did you try using the "created_via" field which should be there in IPR and Change Orders ? this field is a field which tells you where the ticket got created from and can probably be used to decipher if you should or shouldnt send an email ,... I am "guessing" you have notifications set up for "Initial" and "Attach document" ? if so you could add this to that sequence (30) and make sure it doesnt send for email so the condition would read as 30 when create_via.sym (you'd have to create this)  not equal to "EMAIL"

• 6.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 03, 2015 02:41 PM

That sounds like a great idea, Sherwin.

So I created an activity association for 'create_via.sym' for change orders, but when I tried to use it for sequence 30, I got this error:

AHD05529:The "Object Type Attribute" field of the attribute 'Created Via-CO' contains an invalid value 'create_via.sym'.

Tammy

• 7.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 03, 2015 08:58 PM

That should be 'created_via.sym', I think :-)

Regards,

James

• 8.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 03, 2015 10:14 PM

'created_via.sym' worked for the activity association --- and now the attach doc notification isn't sent when the ticket is created.  But it's also not sent when a document is attached to the change order later.  What I was looking for was a way to not send the attach doc when the change order is created -- but do send the attach doc notification if a document is attached after creation. 

Tammy

• 9.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 03, 2015 11:12 PM

Can you post the conditions that are currently on your activity notifications for 'Initial' and 'Attach Doc', please?

Cheers,

James

• 10.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 04, 2015 06:21 AM
      |   view attached

Hi James,  I'm attaching a word document with screen prints of the initial and attach doc macros.

Attachment(s)

• 11.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 03, 2015 11:35 PM

Tammy ,

If the document was attached post save it would go as an "Attach Document" activity right ? and not Initial right ?

I am not sure I am following the use case sadly

-Sherwin.

• 12.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 04, 2015 06:32 AM

Hi Sherwin,

The use case would be that the attach doc activity should not send a notification when the ticket is created, but it should when a document is attached after ticket creation.  Right now, it sends an attach doc notification anytime a document is attached, and since we always attach the email as a document for tickets that are created via email, each time a new ticket is created we get 2 notifications -- one for the ticket being created and one for the email being attached to the ticket.  

Tammy 

• 13.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 04, 2015 09:27 PM

Please post the definitions of the site-defined conditions 'Not a new change order and Assignee is not logged in user' and 'Not a new change order and no assignee' - your word doc shows the Req/Inc/Prb conditions instead.

I find on my 12.9 CP1 sandbox that this condition works fine, both to suppress the 'Attach Doc' notification on the creation of a CO by maileater, and to allow the notification when an attachment is added later:

zChgNotNew.png

• 14.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 04, 2015 10:06 PM
      |   view attached

Sorry, you're right James.  At first I was going to include the conditions for both I/R/P and COs, but then changed my mind and I removed the wrong ones in my previous attachment.  This attachment shows all of the conditions for both initial and attach doc for COs only.

So in your example condition you provided that is working for you, are you attaching that condition only to the 'initial' activity?

Thanks.

Tammy

Attachment(s)

• 15.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 04, 2015 10:51 PM

The condition is only needed on 'Attach Doc'.  Your conditions on 'Attach Doc' look perfectly reasonable - but you still get the 'Attach Doc' notification for a new CO created by maileater?  What happens if you turn that 'open date Does not Equal modified date' into 'modified date Greater Than open date'? (although I can't honestly see why that would make a difference).

Cheers,

james

• 16.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 05, 2015 12:47 PM

Hi James,

I changed it to 'modified date Greater Than open date', and that may have done it!  I'm going to test some more, but my initial testing looks like the attach doc notification did not get sent when the CO was created --- but when I attached a document after creation, the attach doc notification did get sent for that. 

Woo-hoo!  If this works the way I want it to now, I'll have the I/R/P conditions to modify too.

Thanks to both you and Sherwin!

Tammy

• 17.  Re: Help with creating change order site defined conditions

Posted May 05, 2015 10:16 PM

I still can’t think of any good reason why that should make a difference – but I’m glad it did.  Hope it works on I/R/P too ☺.

Cheers,

James