I don't find the documentation for Service Catalog 14.1 release in the portal.
I would like to know the advantages of 14.1 version over 12.7 release.
Also I would like to know the suggestions on the below queries.
1) In our current setup, we have Service catalog 12.7 integrated with Service Desk. User can log on to Service catalog only if he is active in Service Desk.
Want to know if this dependency can be removed.
2) Instead of creating a change order with Service Desk, can we accomplish something similar to this within the Service Catalog 14.1 itself.
3) Can we create groups in Service Catalog 14.1 (Similar to groups in Service Desk where multiple users can be added to the group).
Hi HemalathaShanmugam75351634 - We're you able to resolve using Jason's suggestions? If so please mark his response as Correct Answer. Thanks! Chris
You can find the 14.1 documentation on the Service Management wiki:
CA Service Management Home - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation
There have been a number of enhancements from Catalog 12.7 to 12.8, 12.9 and 14.1 including a redesign of the service builder. You can review the 'New Features and Enhancements' section of the 12.8 and 12.8 Release Guides:
Release Notes Release 12.8.00
Release Notes Release 12.9.00
As well as the following for 14.1:
CA Service Management Release 14.1 Enhancements - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation
Regarding your queries:
1) Based on current design I do not believe it is possible to simply remove the dependency unless you have two different contact records. Catalog and Service Desk share the ca_contact table for the user object, inactivating the user in Service Desk updates ca_contact.inactive equal to '1' which Catalog also uses to verify the user.
2) I think this would depend on what functionality/interaction your business processes require.
3) Catalog itself does not have a group object however you can leverage EEM Application groups as well as AD groups for offering permissions and approval/fulfillment tasks.
1) If the Service Catalog wants to stand alone without Service Desk, let me know how the contact details are maintained (created/modified/deleted) and log in can be done considering that we are upgrading to 14.1.
2) How to create groups in EEM? Our requirement is to create workitem/approval tasks to multiple users in the EEM group and let me know how to achieve the same in Service Catalog 14.1.
I would recommend taking a look at the following:
Manage Users and Assign Roles - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation
Step 1 - Import Users into the Database - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation
Manage Users with CA EEM - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation