CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Announcements in Service Catalog

Posted Nov 03, 2014 08:01 AM

Hello,

Does anyone knows if it's possible to create announcements or something similar in Service Catalog (like for example the Service Desk announcements?)

the idea is to avoid the creation of multiple tickets reporting the same issue. For example the WIFI of a building is down, to avoid that multiple users open multiple tickets about that know issue, i would like to create an announcement we the user logs in or chooses the option report a ticket (something similar...)

i've explored the menu "Messages" and "News Messages" on Service Catalog, but i cannot find how they work... i've serched the documentation but it didn't helped...

any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Miguel Silva

• 2.  Re: Announcements in Service Catalog
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 03, 2014 12:30 PM

Logged in as Administrator - click on "Add New Messages" (right side of screen) when in the Messages Tab

• 3.  Re: Announcements in Service Catalog

Posted Nov 03, 2014 12:36 PM

Yes, i've done that, but where those messages appear? i've logged in with several users with different profiles and i don't see those messages anywhere..

• 4.  Re: Announcements in Service Catalog

Posted Nov 03, 2014 12:46 PM

Message scrolls at the top of the requests

• 5.  Re: Announcements in Service Catalog

Posted Nov 03, 2014 12:51 PM

Great!! i didn't see the message because i had to change from Request View to Service View in order to see it...

thanks for your help