CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Catalog with javascript to communicate with LDAP

Posted Jul 06, 2015 05:10 PM

Hi!

I'm using the Service Catalog r12.8;
    I have a EEM 12.51.0.4 connection to an LDAP functioning normally;

Doubt: How to insert a javascript or java to check the identity of the inserted user in LDAP and return if the user exists or not. Preferably before processing the form (onChange)

• 2.  Re: Catalog with javascript to communicate with LDAP

Posted Jul 07, 2015 02:31 AM

Hi Poyato,

Not sure if I was able to get the question right. You mean to say that you created a form as part of form designer and as part of that form you have  a text field where the user enters userid. And as part of this form you want to perform some validation to check if the entered user exist in LDAP ?? Is this understanding right?

• 3.  Re: Catalog with javascript to communicate with LDAP

Posted Jul 07, 2015 07:53 AM

Good morning!

I will try to explain more ...
    I have an application form in the Service Catalog;
    An request user accesses this form to execute a request for a server provisioning;
    In one of the fields on this form, there is the question to which user will be used this server. User this that have an ID on the LDAP;
    I needed to validate the form this ID when requesting typed in the field, and brought other information about this ID , like full name, telephone number and email.

Obs .: The EEM already connected this LDAP base but I do not know how to make a call by Catalog (SOAP?) Or is there a javascript function or even JAVA that can make a Serch LDAP and return the data.

• 4.  Re: Catalog with javascript to communicate with LDAP

Posted Jul 07, 2015 01:39 PM

Since your EEM is tied to LDAP , all users present as part of LDAP would be available as contact in Service Catalog. You can use  Report Data Object to query the ca_contact table to fetch contact details. This report object can be used as part of your form to provide the user with an option to select a valid contact that is already present.

In the form you will have to use the lookup or drop down option where you can associate the report data object.

By using this you can skip the validation step. Hope this helps

• 5.  Re: Catalog with javascript to communicate with LDAP

Posted Jul 07, 2015 02:04 PM

In my case it is not right to say that all LDAP contacts are in the Service Catalog ca_contact table because our import is only for users who used the Catalog as applicants and approvers. other users are not applicants  but may appear as participants in the request or even as users who should be notified only. Therefore, these users do not exist in ca_contact.
    I really need to consult the LDAP directly.
    The alternative I had thought er one EEM SOAP method where users query (which covers the entire tree of LDAP) could be executed through the Catalog

• 6.  Re: Catalog with javascript to communicate with LDAP

Posted Feb 02, 2017 10:13 AM

Were you able to meet this requirement? How?

Regards,

JOHN