CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Issues With Popup/Tab Behaviour - What Web Browser Do You Use With SDM ?

Posted Oct 29, 2014 10:58 PM

Hello,

We are using SDM 12.9 CUM1 and have staff using Internet Explorer 9 and 11. All staff with an Analyst access type within SDM have 2 monitors. We are experiecing the following issues:

1. When Internet Explorer is maxmized in the secondary monitor with SDM opened, any SDM popups open in the primary window.

2. The scroll bar will not remain focused at the bottom of a ticket window, when switching between the tabs. This is particulary frustrating for anyone trying to update the Workflow Tasks on the Change Order ticket form. I can't recall this behaviour in SDM 12.6 but it may have been present.

tabs.png

3. Popups don't open in a fully maximized window.

A workaround I thought about was to set the following option. However this affects all sites you visit via Internet Explorer and for instance the date picker within SDM will open in a fully maximized window.

Tools -> Internet Options -> General -> Tabs -> When a pop-up is encountered: -> Always open pop-ups in a new tab

ieSetting.png

Have you noticed these issues? What Web Browser are you using with SDM ?

Thanks

Stuart

• 2.  Re: Issues With Popup/Tab Behaviour - What Web Browser Do You Use With SDM ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2014 11:10 PM

Hi Stuart,

Could you please try to use another supported browser like Firefox/Chrome and check the behavior. In Many organization only IE being used, however you may install and let us know.

~Vinod.

• 3.  Re: Issues With Popup/Tab Behaviour - What Web Browser Do You Use With SDM ?

Posted Oct 29, 2014 11:48 PM

Hi Vinod,

I only have administrator access to servers which I can only view via 1 monitor, and with the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox issues 2 and 3 were still present.

Cheers

Stuart

• 4.  Re: Issues With Popup/Tab Behaviour - What Web Browser Do You Use With SDM ?

Posted Oct 30, 2014 09:27 AM

I have seen the exact pop-up behavior you are describing. With Firefox instead of a new window we get a new tab and with Chrome we get behavior similar to IE. To address this issue we use the Avoid Popups option under View->Preferences. With this option enabled new widows are opened in a frame in the current SDM browser tab, not a pop-up window. Of course any browser on the primary monitor with Avoid Popups unchecked will display the new window on the primary monitor.

• 5.  Re: Issues With Popup/Tab Behaviour - What Web Browser Do You Use With SDM ?

Posted Nov 21, 2014 06:20 AM

Hi Stuart,

We have the same problems like your second issue, that the scroll bar does not remain focused, when switching between tabs.

We are using SDM12.9 CP1 and IE11.

It works with Firefox correctly.

With. 12.7 CP1 it also works fine with IE11.

Unfortunately we must use IE11 because of the customers restrictions.

I think it is a case for an support issue, or did you find anything new?

Regards

Christoph

• 6.  Re: Issues With Popup/Tab Behaviour - What Web Browser Do You Use With SDM ?

Posted Nov 22, 2014 12:48 AM

Hi Christoph,

Yes they are working on the issue. My support ticket regarding the vertical scroll bar is 21852850-1 if you wish to raise a ticket and reference it.

Kind regards

Stuart

• 7.  Re: Issues With Popup/Tab Behaviour - What Web Browser Do You Use With SDM ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 11, 2015 09:19 PM

Test fix T5U3334 has been published to resolve the issue I have detailed regarding the vertical scroll bar and tabs, within SDM 12.9