CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to CHAT with CA Service Management Support

Posted Aug 13, 2015 06:12 PM

Have a severity 3 or severity 4 type question?  Engage support technicians through CHAT!

Live agent CHAT is now available for CA Service Desk, CA Service Catalog and CA IT Asset Manager.

Simply login to support.ca.com, choose new case and type in your product name.

When agents are available, you'll see a CHAT button.  For severity 3 or 4 type questions, click the CHAT button to engage support immediately!

As always, please continue to call in severity 1's and create support cases for severity 2 problems.

Best Regards,

Your CA Service Management Team

• 2.  Re: How to CHAT with CA Service Management Support

Posted Aug 13, 2015 06:18 PM

service-management-chat.jpgIf you are unsure about how to use the chat feature, or if you want to see if other products have been added to the support list, go to

ca.com/chat

You will be directed to the instructions and product list. Good luck!

• 3.  Re: How to CHAT with CA Service Management Support

Posted Aug 18, 2015 04:06 PM

I have also added the Service Management Support Chat link to the Overview page for quick access

Rachel Macik wrote:

service-management-chat.jpgIf you are unsure about how to use the chat feature, or if you want to see if other products have been added to the support list, go to

ca.com/chat

You will be directed to the instructions and product list. Good luck!

• 4.  Re: How to CHAT with CA Service Management Support

Posted Aug 14, 2015 11:57 AM

Thanks for sharing this tip with the community Gale!

GALE BACON wrote:

Have a severity 3 or severity 4 type question?  Engage support technicians through CHAT!

Live agent CHAT is now available for CA Service Desk, CA Service Catalog and CA IT Asset Manager.

Simply login to support.ca.com, choose new case and type in your product name.

When agents are available, you'll see a CHAT button.  For severity 3 or 4 type questions, click the CHAT button to engage support immediately!

As always, please continue to call in severity 1's and create support cases for severity 2 problems.

Best Regards,

Your CA Service Management Team

• 5.  Re: How to CHAT with CA Service Management Support

Posted Aug 18, 2015 04:38 PM

Gale,

Is there a specific reason that the names come up as "CA Support Technician" within the chat? I prefer to know who I am talking to when discussing my questions/issues.

Thanks,

Clinton

• 6.  Re: How to CHAT with CA Service Management Support

Posted Aug 18, 2015 04:45 PM

Hi Clinton,

Some teams have multiple technicians online at the same time, so that may be a factor.

I'm not entirely sure why it works this way, but I'll submit your idea on this topic and see what I can find out.

Best Regards,

Gale Bacon

CA Technologies

• 7.  Re: How to CHAT with CA Service Management Support

Posted Aug 18, 2015 04:51 PM

Thanks Gale! I know that they used to have that feature with the old version of chat (used with SDM support), but I've only had experience using the new chat with ITAM Support.

• 8.  Re: How to CHAT with CA Service Management Support

Posted Aug 18, 2015 05:19 PM

We are all using the same CHAT tool now, but, as always, we will continue to 'fine tune' this tool!   Keep the ideas coming....