Due to vulnerabilities in Tomcat 7.0.23 our security team is asking we upgrade tomcat to 7.0.55 or newer.
I've reviewed TEC616742, which relates to upgrading Tomcat to 7.0.55 with SDM 12.9. Are there any additional considerations for 12.7?
I've tested in our Dev environment, and while the services all appear to start and are running, I get a blank page from Tomcat on port 8080, while IIS responds fine on port 80. Anything related to Tomcat simply fails. There's no apparent Errors in the logs either.
When you run pdm_status, does tomcat shows up and running?
Yes, when running pdm_status it is in a running state:
CA SA Tomcat (pdm_tomcat_nxd) Running S01TDSD07D 4396 Wed Feb 18 15:28:27
CA SD Tomcat (pdm_tomcat_nxd) Running S01TDSD07D 2468 Wed Feb 18 15:28:31
Though when I run pdm_tomcat_nxd -c status I get the following: Unknown status (0) received for SERVICEDESK Tomcat
I've updated the logging level to try and get a clearer picture of what's going on and why it's returning the unknown status.
The Techdoc is missing a key step. Sorry it caused trouble. We're already in a process of publishing the correction already.
After Step # 10, follow below steps:
Edit the file NX_ROOT\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE\conf\catalina.properties
Look for below entry in the file:
Modify it to look like:
Save the file
That should resolve the issue at hand.
I had a customer with the same problem. After adding the line of code from Raghu, all seems to be well and working OK.
Just an FYI, the techdoc now has the correct step in it.
Thanks Raghu, Correcting the catalina.properties allows the service to report correctly as started.
The only issue I have remaining is that Tomcat returns a blank page instead of the expected login screen.
Maybe we are still missing some entry to load CAisd.
What does the pdm_tomcat.log look like right now ?
The pdm_tomcat.log isn't displaying any errors or warnings. In an attempt to restore the broken link as nothing was readily apparent. I've run pdm_configure, this fixed the blank page issue on Port 8080. I then and ran back through the tecdoc steps to confirm everything is set according to the docs directions.
This looks to have fixed the extra issue of the blank page. I'll be repeating the steps again on Test server, I'll see if I can duplicate the results. So far aside from the extra configure step, looks like the missing line in the code was part of the main issue.
Totally agreed. That shared lib path missing in the properties file caused the original problem for sure.
I feel that the pdm_configure and upgrade might be some what coincidental, but different topics. Hopefully it wont give you the same grief in your Test server.
Just as a follow-up. Test Server and Production Server both required the extra PDM_Configure step. Not exactly sure why, but all is well and everything is running as well as can be expected.
Thanks for all the help.