CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  how to create a ticket template

Posted Oct 23, 2014 07:59 PM

I understand the mechanics of HOW to create the template (template tab etc), but I really don't get how templates work. I have created several templates, but when I use the Profile Browser to look up a customer and then find a template, they don't all show up. I have to show the filter, remove the "Additional Search Arguments" and the search for the template. The arguments often have the "Customer.Organization =" in them. When I do get the template and open it, the assigned group is fine, but I want the assignee to be the analyst that is opening the ticket. For example:

• I want a template for password resets.
    • I create a template based on an existing ticket with the Request Area, verbiage in the Summary and Description, Priority and so on.
    • When I use that template (after manipulating the search criteria) I select it and click New.
    • The ticket opens, with the right category and Requestor, but the assignee is the person who was assigned to the ticket where the template came from and the status is closed.
    • I would like it to open, populate the Requestor and be in an open status.
    • I can create a ticket and set it as a template, and keep it open, but then there is an open ticket that will eternally be open since I can't close it without an assignee.
    • I also want the template to be available to any Requestor or analyst to use without having to change the filter criteria.

Any ideas?

• 2.  Re: how to create a ticket template
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2014 09:55 PM

I can help a little with this one.

First, there's an options manager setting that controls if the template will be filtered by the customer's organization --- uninstall that option (and restart services).

We also have the assignee as a required attribute for the resolved/closed statuses.  So to get around the 'assignee' always being the assignee of the ticket that the template was created from, I create a ticket that will be used as a template, and briefly remove the assignee as being 'required' when I close that ticket - and then put the requirement back on.  This allows the template to have an empty assignee when it's used for a new ticket.  Then the person using the template can assign the ticket to themselves. 

But I've not found any way to have a template remain in an 'open' status, without having that ticket remain forever open.  So all of our templates are in the closed status.

Hope that helps some!

Tammy

• 3.  Re: how to create a ticket template

Posted Oct 24, 2014 01:28 PM

Tammy,

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for your quick response. I tried it out in our test environment and it worked out quite nicely!

• 4.  Re: how to create a ticket template

Posted Oct 24, 2014 01:32 PM

Glad to hear it!

Tammy