CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to Send Notification for a Specific Field Update

Posted Jan 29, 2015 01:46 PM

I am trying to create a notification rule to send a notification when a specific ticket field is updated. What I have today sends the notification when the rule conditions are met; however because I have the rule on Field Update, it triggers when any field in the ticket is updated. Is it possible to create the rule so that it triggers only when the field I am interested in is updated?

• 2.  Re: How to Send Notification for a Specific Field Update

Posted Jan 29, 2015 08:03 PM

You need to create a new Activity Association for the field that you are interested in, then you can create an Activity Notification for that particular Association.  Let me know if you need any more info.

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: How to Send Notification for a Specific Field Update
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 29, 2015 08:56 PM

Thanks for the response. I was able to get this to work earlier. The problem I had (I think) was I did create my own Activity Association, but with an Object Type Attribute that already existed, affected_resource. To obtain the result I wanted, I changed the Activity Type on the existing Activity Association (Asset) to my custom Activity Notification. I am guessing you can’t have more than one Activity Association with the same Object Type and Object Type Attribute with a different Activity Type.

• 4.  Re: How to Send Notification for a Specific Field Update

Posted Jan 29, 2015 09:01 PM

That may well be true – I’m pretty sure I’ve had a similar problem at some stage.  Glad you got it going!

Cheers,

james

• 5.  Re: How to Send Notification for a Specific Field Update

Posted Jan 30, 2015 03:29 AM

Another thing I have in mind: For certain attributes there are additional so called local attributes (attributes which are not stored in the db), which holds the "previous" value of this attribute. These attributes have the trailing name part "_prev". So what's about the idea to create such an attribute, and then use it in your notification condition to check, if the attribute has changed.

I don't know if one is able to create a "local" attribute in wsp. So here is an example of a site/mods/majic/*.maj file to create such a "_prev" attribute for the attribute "zmyattr" of the cr factory. It has to be of the same data type as the original one (STRING, DATE, SREL ...) :

OBJECT cr {

ATTRIBUTES Call_Req {

zmyattr_prev    LOCAL  STRING  { DERIVED_PREVIOUS zmyattr ; } ;

};

};

hope that helps, ... and works

• 6.  Re: How to Send Notification for a Specific Field Update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2015 11:43 AM

If someone wants to use _prev attribute in the condition to check something, please take a look at

https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/solncdndtls?aparNo=RI64526&os=ANY&fc=1&actionID=3