CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Problem while trying to use Translation Scripts

Posted Jul 30, 2014 02:40 PM

Guys,

I am trying to use translation script on BSI 8.2.5 to automate the process of creating resource from an adapter who brings info from SDM.
    The SQL script inside the adapter is bringing me the information, but when i run it from the adapters list does not come anything and no log is reported.

If anyone already did that or have any information that can help me on this, will be appreciated.

Ty

• 2.  Re: Problem while trying to use Translation Scripts

Posted Aug 04, 2014 07:25 PM

Hi All,

Anyone have an suggestions here for Andre?

Thanks!

Chris

• 3.  Re: Problem while trying to use Translation Scripts

Posted Oct 14, 2014 05:47 PM

Hi André,

Can you give us more information please?

Can you print screen your adapter wizard and also send the log file?

What is your translation script too?

Regards,

Nelson Pita

• 4.  Re: Problem while trying to use Translation Scripts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2014 12:14 PM

There is not enough information in this post to begin to determine the issue.

He could mean that the adapter is creating the events but the translation script he wrote has a problem and is not auto-creating the resource.

It could also be that the adapter is not creating the events.

It may also be that the raw events are created but not translated.

In general I would start to debug such a problem by looking at the adapter log file and statistics file to see if it looks like it send data to the database.

Next, I would check the untranslated events and translated events to see if they are being run through the script.

I would also check t_log (the system log) to find if there were any errors related to that translation script.

That is a start. Based on what the logs, UI, and t_log shows.. you would then need to follow the trail from there.