CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

• 1.  Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Posted Jul 01, 2014 06:25 AM

It says:  "Also the CA SDM status transition rules are applicable to mobile app as well, for analysts working with ticket queues" -- What if our status transition rules involve custom fields or fields not included in the mobile app interface?  I've looked at the mobile app, and can't implement it because the requirements we have defined in the web interface for creating and resolving/closing tickets can't be fulfilled.

Thanks.

Tammy

• 2.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Posted Jul 01, 2014 10:45 AM

Plus,

Can anyone please provide the names of the relevant patches in the support site?

Is it just the

or are there any additional patches?

Thanks,

Tsahi

• 3.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2014 12:27 AM

Hi Tsahi,

There is also the following fix for the REST web services interface (for 12.9)

Gordon

• 4.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 02, 2014 01:22 AM

Hello,

We recognize the need for being able to choose what fields should be available for mobile app. This is a planned roadmap item which we will be making available in future refresh of the app. With those refresh the administrators will be able to specify what attributes should be made available on the mobile app, however they need to ensure that the fields that have been mandated in the transition rules are in fact specified to be available in the mobile app.

Here are patches for the patches for Scoreboard Query and Multi Tenancy:

Published Custom Scoreboard Queries Patches for SDM

Windows

Linux

AIX

Solaris

SDM 12.9

RO71086

RO71087

RO71089

RO71088

Published Multi-tenancy Patches for SDM:

Windows

Linux

AIX

Solaris

SDM 12.7

RO70531

RO70536

RO70614

RO71008

SDM 12.9

RO70654

RO70655

RO70657

RO70656

Regards,

Avneesh

• 5.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2014 07:20 AM

Thank you for the clarification here Avneesh.

Tsahi,

Basically apart from the published patches that (Avneesh referred us to above) were out for a little while now, the refresh is more on the native app that you can download from Google Play or Apple iTunes

_R

• 6.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Posted Jul 06, 2014 10:24 AM

I know,

The thing is at the moment we use the Open Space in order to add custom fields to the incident/request (it allows the addition of up to 5 fields) and  the only reason we use the Open Space is the ability to use the Mobile application.

With the new version of the mobile application, which allows direct integration with the SDM, without the Open Space in  the middle, it would be great to add custom fields, and will allow the customer to save at least one server (per environment).

Tsahi

• 7.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Posted Jul 06, 2014 11:36 AM

Tsahi,

We don't use Open Space either, and I also considered using it just for the purposes of adding fields for mobile access -- However, I was told that when you add the custom fields to Open Space, they're only visible to the customer when submitting a ticket, and aren't visible to analysts which doesn't help me much.  Our custom field is only required when the ticket is resolved/closed, along with other out-of-the-box fields that are also required to resolve/close a ticket -- (all done via status transition macros or status dependent attributes).  So in my environment, these fields need to be visible to the analysts when resolving/closing a ticket.

I honestly don't see how anyone could be using the mobile offering right now, since you can't make analysts complete the same information that the web interface requires.  You would have 2 very different sets of ticket data.  One that adheres to the required fields you have defined in the system, and another that is missing key information.

Tammy

Mobile Enabler FAQs.png

• 8.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 08, 2014 08:56 PM

Tammy,

Not to diverge from the real discussion about the current app's features, there is a sample that we offer in NX_ROOT\samples\sdk\rest\mobiledemo.

I do realize that there's some effort involved to adapt that OOTB sample to suit the requirements, but it could be another avenue to create a custom browser based or native mobile application.

-R

• 9.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Posted Jul 09, 2014 06:38 AM

Thanks, Raghu.  Back in July of last year, I discussed the various mobile options with Support - PDA interface, the mobiledemo, and mobile enabler.  It was basically recommended to not even bother with the other options.  I did finally get the mobiledemo sample working in my test environment, using Chrome installed on the primary server just so that I could take a look at it though.  (We're not using SSL at this point, so I really don't want anyone else logging on with their credentials right now).  Is there any documentation for how to adapt the mobiledemo OOTB sample?

Thanks.

Tammy

• 10.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Posted Jul 09, 2014 06:48 AM

Ahhh. I just looked, and I think the major downfall of the mobiledemo method is that it is only for incident tickets, and not request tickets, problem tickets or change orders.  That is most likely why I never pursued that as an option.

Tammy

• 11.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 10:58 AM

True, the OOTB only demonstrates the incident capability. However, the Technical Reference guide in conjunction with the sample code in OOTB mobiledemo  could be replicated for other components (issues/requests/changeorders etc.,). So there's some amount of adaptation work involved there.

I also thank Tsahi for raising a new idea for native support for custom fields on the mobile app. You can vote for it here:  SDM Mobile Application - Add custom fields

• 12.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Posted Jul 09, 2014 02:06 PM

Thanks, Raghu.. Can you provide a link to the Technical Reference Guide for the mobiledemo sample?

• 13.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 04:47 PM

Tammy,

1. Unfortunately we do not have a separate reference guide just for mobiledemo.  REST API and sample REST calls are documented in the SDM Reference Guide.   L

_R

• 14.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Posted Jul 09, 2014 05:17 PM

Hi Raghu,

Sorry for all the questions, but your suggestion was to look at possibly adapting the OOTB mobiledemo sample to suit the requirements (such as adding a custom field, and making the same field requirements for resolving/closing a ticket etc).  So I was expecting that there would be settings and forms to modify to accomplish that, similar to the regular web interface. Are you saying that the only way to adapt the OOTB mobiledemo sample is to use webservices coding?  If that's the case, then I guess that option is eliminated for me, since I'm not a programmer... 

• 15.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 05:24 PM

Oh no worries at all.  I was just trying to see if there's other alternatives that we can look at.

You are correct. Its not a simple config changes that would let the sample do the needed work. 

_R

• 16.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2014 05:00 PM

Tammy,

Given the idea that was raised about this topic, would it be alright to suggest this thread be closed?

Thx

_R

• 17.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Posted Aug 07, 2014 06:15 PM

Yes, sorry.  I think we're just going to have to wait for the developers to enhance Mobile Enabler as part of their planned roadmap.  It would be nice to know though, when that might be.....

Tammy

• 18.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Posted Aug 08, 2014 12:57 AM

Tammy,

This aspect is being worked upon in our engineering labs, I don't have a definate date for you right now but we will put out a notification/announcement once it's available in our mobile apps.

Thanks for your patience, I do belive that we will be able to address this sooner than later.

-avneesh

• 19.  Re: Regarding the recent announcement on the CA Service Management Mobile App Refresh...

Posted Aug 08, 2014 06:29 AM

That's great to hear, avneesh, thank you!