CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  SDM R12.9 Advance Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2014 08:14 AM

Hi,

Anyone  has Implemented SDM R12.9 as Advance Availability Solution with freeware Nimsoft snap tool. Is nimsoft snap wowrk automatically if there is unaplanned outage ?

Looking forward for the response.

• 2.  Re: SDM R12.9 Advance Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2014 10:54 AM

Hello,

Any tool that is used would require configuration in order to allow a Automatic Failover to happen, there is no application that will work "automatically". You would need the tool to monitor the HealthCheck Servlet, and then perform an action to trigger the FailoverServlet upon getting a "NOT OK" response from the HealthCheck. Nimsoft Snap can easily be configured to monitor the health, but I believe additional adjustment of Nimsoft Snap is required in order for it to trigger the failover task.

For whatever tool that is used it should trigger the Failover task on its own once configured, assuming the product being used as the ability to perform the action.

• 3.  Re: SDM R12.9 Advance Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2014 11:34 AM

Basically, any tool that can monitor a URL and then perform an action based on the response from the URL will work.

We do not yet have specific documentation for any monitoring tools, but we are working on it

• 4.  Re: SDM R12.9 Advance Availability

Posted Jun 16, 2014 09:06 PM

Hi All,

"The tool" for automated failover may be CA PAM, which I saw one of our engineers here configure to do just this. Given that PAM is found on many SDM sites, this may be a good solution for some sites.

No, I don't have the documentation on the PAM failover. Hopefully some will be posted at some point.

Sorry I can't comment on the Nimosoft Snap side.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 5.  Re: SDM R12.9 Advance Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 07:52 AM

HI ,

I am unable to install the Nimsoft Snap Application. As I am getting the Internet Connectivity error. Even I am able to access every web url address and also the URL mentioned in error window which is  "https://commsvc.ca.com/nmsnap/index.html". This Link is opening easily.

Even I have :

1. Static IP Address

2. NO Proxxy

3. Firewall is off

4. Using Windows 2008 R2SP1

I also checked with the community where I guess this is the common problem. below is the link of community

System does not meet internet connectivity require... - Snap Central

Also find the attached screenshot.

Do anyone tried this if yes let me know the steps to follow and any further consideration which need to be addressed

Thanks,

Mohit

Internet Connection Error.png

• 6.  Re: SDM R12.9 Advance Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 10:35 AM

Hi Mohit,

As the requirement error is coming solely from the Snap application, it maybe ideal to raise a thread on the Snap Community instead. (CA Nimsoft Monitor Community - CA Nimsoft Monitor Community)

_R

• 7.  Re: SDM R12.9 Advance Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2014 05:04 AM

Hi Raghu,

I have resolved this error by adding the URL mentioned into the trusted site

Thanks,

Mohit

• 8.  Re: SDM R12.9 Advance Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2014 04:15 PM

Thank you for sharing the solution Mohit.

Would you able to Mark the thread as Answered too please? Thank you !

_R

• 9.  Re: SDM R12.9 Advance Availability

Posted Aug 14, 2014 02:54 AM

Admin: Flagging post as "Assumed Answered" based on text above. Thanks, Kyle_R.