CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple AD, CA EEM, CA Service Desk and SSO

Posted Jun 10, 2014 03:10 AM

Is it possible to enable single sign on for CA Service Desk using CA EEM ?

Looking to integrate multiple active directories with CA EEM and be able to use SSO.

The idea here is, the user logged on to his/her machine, do not require to enter his/her username password for login in to CASD.

The ticket link that will be sent to user in email, when clicked should open the ticket details.

Any help is appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Multiple AD, CA EEM, CA Service Desk and SSO

Posted Jun 10, 2014 03:15 AM

Hi Abhishek,

Welcome to CA SDM Community!

In the current release, there is no option to have SSO when using EEM. You may try using CA Site Minder product to achieve this requirement.

Thanks,
    Naveen

• 3.  RE: Multiple AD, CA EEM, CA Service Desk and SSO

Posted Jun 10, 2014 03:19 AM

Hi Naveen,

Thank you for a quick reply.

Do we have any other options apart from using SiteMinder ?

• 4.  RE: Multiple AD, CA EEM, CA Service Desk and SSO

Posted Jun 10, 2014 04:53 AM

Abhishek,

I'm not sure if this can be achieved without siteminder. However, if anyone is aware of how to achieve the requirement without siteminder shall reply to this thread.

Thanks,
    Naveen

• 5.  Re: Multiple AD, CA EEM, CA Service Desk and SSO

Posted Jun 19, 2014 03:52 AM

Hello Abhishek_Asurion,

I believe that this is possible from memory (which may be flakey). It is possible to add in a customisatation against the SDM Authenication pages, so that instead of using an "Authenitcation Type" of "OS" or "PIN", it instead uses an another authentication type.

In short, this was a purpose built customisation to achieve this. But I don't have any details with me and I'm not sure if the Services person who implemented it is still with CA.

You could try reaching out to CA Services (or Business Partner) if interested in going down that route.

Also - are you still on this Community? Please respond if you are, just so that we know our links work.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 6.  Re: RE: Multiple AD, CA EEM, CA Service Desk and SSO

Posted Apr 19, 2015 02:22 AM

Hi,

I am trying this SSO with EEM contacts using siteminder. Can anybody help me on configuration this?

Thanks,

Saran

• 7.  Re: RE: Multiple AD, CA EEM, CA Service Desk and SSO

Posted Apr 19, 2015 02:28 AM

I created a User directory in Siteminder to point out abc.com domain and I configured user store configuration of EEM to Reference from Siteminder.

So I could able to get manage identities in EEM via Siteminder domain which is configured with abc.com

Now, if I enable Enable SSO server option in EEM, giving all the values, as per CA doc, it is giving error like "Error: Failed to update configuration. Please verify your settings."

Regards,

Saran

• 8.  Re: Multiple AD, CA EEM, CA Service Desk and SSO

Posted Jun 20, 2014 05:03 AM

We have a forrest with multiple active directories. Trust is enabled between those active directories so global catalog can be used. SDM is installed on a Windows machine that is joined to one of those active directories. SDM LDAP option is pointed to global catalog that runs on port 3268. IIS is used and configured for integrated authentication. This way we have it working without any problems. Users belonging to any domain are authenticated automatically without prompt for username/password. If they click on a link within an email message the same happens - automatic authentication and ticket details are displayed without login form.

• 9.  Re: Multiple AD, CA EEM, CA Service Desk and SSO

Posted Jun 20, 2014 05:20 AM

Great use case!

Thanks Branko. I'm flagging your post as "Helpful."

Kyle_R.